• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha extra wheel kit

shelby99

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 FX Nytro RTX...
I was wondering if anyone has tried the factory extra kit on the nytro. I just picked up a kit but from what I have read everyone is using Polaris wheels or excel wheel kits. :4STroke:

shelby99 said:
I was wondering if anyone has tried the factory extra kit on the nytro. I just picked up a kit but from what I have read everyone is using Polaris wheels or excel wheel kits. :4STroke:

Are you talking about the small low snow wheel kits? Most have skipped that small wheel and just went with larger dia. skid wheels instead.

I use all Yamaha wheels, and Ski Doo mounts...works great but doesn't save the sliders that much....will probably go with Excell wheels next year.

Excell wheels are the way to go. 1500 km's with no sign of wear.

Slydog wheels are an excellent choice to save on slider wear. I have been using them for the past 4 years on Apex's and Nytro's..

I tried a set of the yamaha wheel kit right at the front angle of the skid....i used red loctite and torqued them properly and they still blew off in a few rides. they dont last long

There were some on my nytro when i bought it, but all the rubber fell off the wheel. The guy i bought it from said that was the second set and the first set he put on did the same thing. Second set is shot, and its very likely its not going to get a third set.

There were some on my nytro when i bought it, but all the rubber fell off the wheel. The guy i bought it from said that was the second set and the first set he put on did the same thing. Second set is shot, and its very likely its not going to get a third set.

Back