• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha g3 boat

pat the rat

Lifetime Member
i'm pulling the trigger on a used g3 boat,16.5 with a yammi 60 hp 4s,the boat is mint,i dont know much about these boats,it looks like they are well built,its such in good shape ,i cant pass on it,its a 2006,the motor is fuel injected,2 fishfinder,livewell,high thrust trolling motor,side console with windsheild,not a scratch,his best price is $12000cdn,will know monday,what do you guys think about the price

pat the rat said:
i'm pulling the trigger on a used g3 boat,16.5 with a yammi 60 hp 4s,the boat is mint,i dont know much about these boats,it looks like they are well built,its such in good shape ,i cant pass on it,its a 2006,the motor is fuel injected,2 fishfinder,livewell,high thrust trolling motor,side console with windsheild,not a scratch,his best price is $12000cdn,will know monday,what do you guys think about the price

What's the max H/P the boat is rated for Pat?

Just a FYI, a friend of mine purchased a 165 Lowe F&S last year with a 60 on it and he thought he'd be happy with the motor and thinking it would be big enough for what he planned on using it for?

Long story short, he soon found out that if he took more than 2 people in the boat with all the fishing gear etc, the boat would NOT plane out :o|

He traded it this past winter, at a huge loss and purchased another 16.5 with a 90 on it.

What are you going to use it for? Fishing/playing/cruising? If playing/cruising, I think you will be disappointed with the 60hp. If fishing it will be a good engine for that. If it was 12k u.s., I would say that would be too much money. There are new ones out there with bigger engines for that price.

the boat is rated for 60hp max,i will use it for fishing only with 2 on board most of the time,its got a bunch of extra stuff that comes with it,like a cover,2 gps fishfinder,a new trolling motor,i have little experience with larger boats,always had a 14 ft with 15 hp so its kind of an upgrade for me

here's a cpl pics

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 190
I am in the biz and just looked it up and before options like trolling motor and fish finder and whatever else it might have the avg price comes out to $8760. I know you guy's up there pay alot more for things than we do, it might be a touch high. Good luck.

thanks for the info,gives me an idea,here, a new f60 motor is $9000 alone,+ tax,the owner paid $21000 + tax in 06 for the boat,trailer and motor only,only reason i'm sticking to it is cuz its basically brand new,have to see it to appreciate it,plus its so close to home,just the gas to go get it down south will compensate

Nice boat. I have been looking at a V167T- tiller model of what you just bought. Used fishing boats in good condition are hard to find, and well worth the little bit extra you need to spend to bring it home.

Back