• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Part# for 6.4kg spring for rear susp. on Apex GT

JODY

Veteran
I have a problem with my 06 Apex GT bottoming out with the stock spring. I weigh 235 lbs without gear so I've been reading some forums and what I have been reading is that the 6.4kg spring is good for 235 lbs+. If someone could help me out with this it would be great. I only have about 225km on my machine and nervous to use it until I get this problem resolved because I've seen some machines with bent tunnels. I find that the spring(stock) is very soft. I checked my shock to see if it was leaking but no oil just very clean. If someone could give me the Yamaha part# for the 6.4kg spring that would be great

THANKS

The 5.5kg Yamaha Part# GYT-8GD47-00 good for 200-230lbs[/b]

I installed the 5.5 Kg shock on my GT part#GYT-8GD47-00-00. The sled rides like a dream. I weigh 249# with out gear!!! The next Ohlin spring is
GYT-8GD47-10-00(Ohlins #696-19) Rate-7.0. I really don't think you need it!!!

Ron

I'm 240 without gear and have the 5.5kg spring on mine.It doesn't bottom out any more and still rides great.

Yamaha does not offer any springs other than the 5.5 & 7.0kg.

Many other rates are avail. from Ohlins directly, but not many are in stock in the USA.

I will be talking to Ohlins USA tomorrow and will post what rates are in stock.

Special orders from Sweeden take about 2 weeks.

The spring is produced in .2 steps from 32 N/mm to 70 N/mm, and in .5 steps from 70 N/mm to 120 N/mm and 10 N/mm steps to 210 N/mm

I am 235# and have a 6.4kg. spring in my GT and it is plenty, a 6.0 would be nice but it is fine now.

Back