• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Phazer VS 2010 Arctic Cat SnoPro 500

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
So for those that race in the 80hp class, will the new 2010 SnoPro 500 fall into the same class as the Phazer? How will it compare do you suppose?

I love my Phazer FX and have enjoyed watching the guys on here race in that class. From what I can tell it is pretty much comprised of Phazer riders. That new SnoPro 500 may be something to push Yamaha to better the Phazer even more.

No bashing please, I am a loyal Yamaha rider up here in Arctic Cat and Polaris country! I'm just curious about some unbiased opinons. Ok, they won't be unbiased, but as fair opinion would be interesting.

Mark
Fargo
(Still above water, so far!)

Mines stock and I beat all the 500's off the line I raced. I rode a few of the 5's I beat and they all would beat me top end on the lakes or a long ditch. On a course would be a different story. Hope you fair well where you live, I'm in Eagle Run and were doing pretty good so far.

If it really only has 85hp I would think the Phazers should do fine powerwise.Our 4strokes hold that 85hp over a much broader range than a 2stroke.

Well in USCC its an 85 hp class so we will see thats why they build the SP500. The Phazer is 80 horse the the SP500 is 85 HP not that big a deal the real issue is top end pull on some tracks. Some that 2-3 MP is the difference in a race some it doesn't matter one bit as we never get top speed for long enough

You are right to some extent, due to the Sno-Pro motor will probably remain peaky even in production. But I am hoping Yamaha moniters this forum and takes a sled that I think has so much potential and makes it so much better. Looking thru all these forums, you can see all the innovation that Phazer owners have come up with on their own. Imagine what Yamaha could do if they if they just listened a little more.

While not perfect I think the 09 Phazer has got to be one of the most improved and changed sled models Yamaha has ever done.There are very very few complaints or issues with the 09's-vs-07's because of that.From the 09 forward anything more they do is really icing on the cake.Can we use a bit more top end?Heck ya.Better factory suspension?Of course.But look at the fun value already.

I just dont see a 85hp 2stroke coming anywhere near a Phazer on acceleration at least.Weight wise and probably handling yes we definitly have a disadvantage.How about if Yamaha gave the Phazer a cast front subframe like the race Nytros and YFZR's have?Lot of steel on the tunnel also.I bet they could cut 30-40lbs very easily.Do give credit to AC for FINALLY selling the sled they have been racing forever.They must have had a real hard time explaining to folks why the sleds being raced looked nothing like the ones in showroom.

I have ridden cats my entire life until the Phazer I bought about a month ago. The big complaint I have had is what Cannon just said... they would not replicate their race sled for the public to ride... they finally figured out what attracts the future of snowmobiling... RACE SLEDS...... i do feel the price is high for a 500 ($8400 MSRP)...

PRAV

Back