• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha RS Venture TF 12 Suspension , to hard ?

Mr Y

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex TTX - 2014
Yamaha Venture MP - 2010
(ATV ) Yamaha Grizzly 450 eps- 2016
Hello RS Venture lovers!
Are you satisfied with the suspension on your Yamaha RS Venture TF 2012?
I feel my very hard in both suspension and shock absorbers, as well in the front and rear. Do not know if it's shock absorbers or if it's the springs that are the missing link. I've tried to put the springs on the loosest setting, but it is in any case too hard. I like my sled, but not satisfied with its suspension. It will not float over bumps as I would expect of a machine in this price range.

Does anyone have experience with replacing the shock absorbers to the adjustable models?

RS Venture GT has better shock absorbers, but have never driven one such model so I do not know if it is soft. Does anyone have experience running both models?

Mr Y

:yam:

I had a similar problem with my 2010 Venture GT. Factory settings were very hard. My girlfriend was scared to get on the sled with me due to the extreme tipping of this machine. But I set the 4 clickers on the front suspension all the way to the soft position and it rides so much better. The ski's seem to take more of the weight when cornering and float better over bumps.

Have you loosened both the shock springs and torsion springs? Riders also say that the suspensions loosens up after some Kms. I only have the torsion spring block on M and it is plenty stiff whereas the VL would bottom out on the "H" setting,

Back