• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMCHARGER WORKS !

Its important to specify what year sled as the pre-11's the dream meter was off by like 13% the 11's are a little closer.

120+ mph with a yamcharger seems impossible unless its bare ice/road for miles and miles with the wind at your back.

Add 1" of snow and your in the 11teens WITH The dream meter. I know people are not trying to be mis leading but on anything but perfect conditions (ie 99.9% of the time) the sled will be marginally faster then stock.

A boosted sled running 6-10 psi in the same conditions will just flat out fly. That said my dyno'd sled at 241 hp can only see Mid 120's mph on SNOW like 3-6" where a stocker cant hit 100.

On bare road I did get 156mph dream meter in about 3/4 mile if i had more I was close to 160 on the dream meter.

This is a 121" cobra track with 144 studs, Ulmer clutching, MPI stage 1 10 lbs with head shim.

As I said, on ice with proper setup for speed running on (radar) it has been done. If I remember correctly Rockerdan had it on vid with gun showing 124 something, Stock with good setup for ice.

Re: dream meter & a YAMACHARGER

LoneRider said:
I have a top speed of 132mph on the dream meter on a frozen dirt road, 2 mile run, no studs, 07 attak gt, stock clutch. I built this sled so I never rode it with out the yamacharger, but others in our group that have newer 4 stroke yamaha's, that have ridden it agree, its a GREAT improvement over stock, I bought my charger used, got the updated factory parts, (great people, lots of support)

I would recommend it to others that are looking for a little extra power & do not know how to work on engines, working on tuning is required w/turbos, & superchargers and like myself I have no idea how to do it. Installing the charger was not EZ, but I did it myself in about 20 hrs, (very nice install others say, no short cuts, very picky) the only tool I did not have was a large tork wrench, ? needed like up to 85 ft lbs?, Well worth the money, a older sled low miles, half the price on a new sled & just as fast.

TOTAL PRICE: less than $2000, installed including new tools, YAMACHARGER purchased on TY

Good job Lone Rider!

:Rockon:

kinger said:
In that situation then I would say the boosted sled would run about 144-150mph.

Just trying to keep the comparisons equal is all.
. Yes, Huge variables in the snowmobile world. I would be very reserved with using the BS label.

Has a lot to do with tuning and your knowledge of tuning for conditions...I know a guy around here who sets up clutching and puts on a 1" inch track on ice he has pulled around 128. However- completely stock it does not matter what conditions you run I think it would be very rare to see 120 mph. Now if you consider NA stock, then maybe. Either way, if you guys are getting your sleds to go a true 120, no matter how, pat yourselves on the back because the average joe (like me) would never dream of those numbers.

kinger said:
Its important to specify what year sled as the pre-11's the dream meter was off by like 13% the 11's are a little closer.

120+ mph with a yamcharger seems impossible unless its bare ice/road for miles and miles with the wind at your back.

Add 1" of snow and your in the 11teens WITH The dream meter. I know people are not trying to be mis leading but on anything but perfect conditions (ie 99.9% of the time) the sled will be marginally faster then stock.

A boosted sled running 6-10 psi in the same conditions will just flat out fly. That said my dyno'd sled at 241 hp can only see Mid 120's mph on SNOW like 3-6" where a stocker cant hit 100.

On bare road I did get 156mph dream meter in about 3/4 mile if i had more I was close to 160 on the dream meter.

This is a 121" cobra track with 144 studs, Ulmer clutching, MPI stage 1 10 lbs with head shim.

It sure is nice to see the YC compared to the likes of 6 to 10 psi turbos and superchargers!!

You're also comparing your 241 hp sled to a 'stocker'!! What's a stocker, 150hp if lucky?? So YC is 170?

Shouldn't the YC sled go like a 170hp sled?

:tg:

87gtNOS said:
kinger said:

It sure is nice to see the YC compared to the likes of 6 to 10 psi turbos and superchargers!!

You're also comparing your 241 hp sled to a 'stocker'!! What's a stocker, 150hp if lucky?? So YC is 170?

exactly ;)!

87gtNOS said:
kinger said:

I can only compare to what I have seen. I just want people to describe the conditions when they hit such speeds so people dont think that a extra 20 hp is going to keep up with a Turbo or supercharger.

I was actually disappointed a little with mine we had some deep snow this winter on Lake Gogebic around 12-15" and I could only hit 95 mph, but everyone else was struggling to hit 70, I thought for sure even with that much snow I would be able to power into 100mph but the sled was getting unstable anyway floating on top of the deep stuff.

Leave the bench racing and just keep it factual for people trying to read and make decisions on mods is all.

:4STroke:

I have always said I don't care who beat who or what MPH someone pulled. Just tell me how much power it makes on the dyno and then it's up to the individual to make it work in the condition's YOU want it to work in. The YamCharger is what it is and it is 20 additional HP proven by many.

I think we got away from the topic. The headline says the "YC works". Head to Head against a STOCKER, it has significant gains. It doesn't compare to fully blown, but it's half the price & IS faster than STOCK...

Yamacharger

I installed a yamacharger last winter, but never seen much difference, only top end.. Without my YC installed, just a heel clicker clutch kit, and a 1 5/8" track.. In light powder I was spinning up to 10,800 n 11,00 RPM, no problem.. After YC install.. Same set up.. It wouldn't pull over 10,000 RPM, until it was WOT for a bit.. Any ideas would be appreciated!! The Baro pressure changes by 200 or so.. So the charger IS working, I guess.

kviper said:
I have always said I don't care who beat who or what MPH someone pulled. Just tell me how much power it makes on the dyno and then it's up to the individual to make it work in the condition's YOU want it to work in. The YamCharger is what it is and it is 20 additional HP proven by many.
Well Said.
..Interesting read here..Been away to long ...

NOT ON MY RIDE , 2011 APEX XTX

SOLD IT ADDED MCX 200 , NOW IT WORKS

STEPPING TO THE 290 THIS YEAR !
Where can I get a mcx200 on the web site the only show the 290

Back