• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yellow headlight bulbs

civilsr5

Extreme
i searched but couldnt find anything really helpful. I found a lot of information on the sylvania headlight bulbs a lot of people are using but i want to run yellow headlight bulbs. does anyone know where I can get them and what brand is good? also anyone have some pics of there apex with yellow bulbs? and i'm looking for 9003 bulbs correct? thanks for the help

civilsr5 said:
i searched but couldnt find anything really helpful. I found a lot of information on the sylvania headlight bulbs a lot of people are using but i want to run yellow headlight bulbs. does anyone know where I can get them and what brand is good? also anyone have some pics of there apex with yellow bulbs? and i'm looking for 9003 bulbs correct? thanks for the help

Not sure if you will have any luck as it is illegal to run those as headlights.

i was unaware that yellow was illegal. how come? Ive seen yellow headlights on cars around town, are those illegal too.

civilsr5 said:
i was unaware that yellow was illegal. how come? Ive seen yellow headlights on cars around town, are those illegal too.

Maybe N.Y. or the states are different but I'm 90% sure their illegal here.

I have seen yellow fog lights but that's as far as it goes.
Maybe what you seen were just headlight covers and not actual bulbs?

Yamaha has a yellow HID light that was featured on episode 9 of Snowmobiler TV this year but I can't find the clip. They say it provides better night vision for terrain.

Edit: found a picture from the segment- yellow light on left and blue on right.

Attachments

• HID.jpg
    HID.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 194
Bluhmenterprises.com sells yellow xenon bulb. As far as the legality, in the USA, they are illeagal on the highway(as your main lights), but I believe they are no problem off road. Have to check local and state trail laws in area that you ride?

On sleds with a battery, I say go HID. Then just get the color temp bulb you want. Go like 3200k and it will be yellow. 4300k is sort of yellow as it is IMHO

On my Mt Viper (no battery) I've tried lots of bulbs out. I've had issues with Bluhm Enterprises bulbs as they draw too much power -- his 100w bulb really draws 100 watts on high beam. They look good but draw too much power.

PIAA are nice because they only draw like 35w low/ 55w high beams, but are as bright as Bluhm Enterprise's bulbs at high or low beam, using less power. They are just higher tech somehow. A tad more pricey, but better performance. Seem to last longer too, but that is just my impression.

Super Sled said:
On sleds with a battery, I say go HID. Then just get the color temp bulb you want. Go like 3200k and it will be yellow. 4300k is sort of yellow as it is IMHO

On my Mt Viper (no battery) I've tried lots of bulbs out. I've had issues with Bluhm Enterprises bulbs as they draw too much power -- his 100w bulb really draws 100 watts on high beam. They look good but draw too much power.

PIAA are nice because they only draw like 35w low/ 55w high beams, but are as bright as Bluhm Enterprise's bulbs at high or low beam, using less power. They are just higher tech somehow.
Where did you get your HID kit? Im looking for one for my nytro

HID kits can be had anywhere. Snowdog (Kurt) from this site is where I got mine -- for my Attak and my truck. PM him. He also sell his HID's in the Yamaha accessory catalog. I like Kurt's customer service -- really good. Kurt's kits come with 4300k color temp bulbs which are IMHO fairly yellow/ natural light-ish. But they work well for sledding. But the sky is the limit with bulb color and HID's -- you just buy the color you want. Starting in the low 3000k temps are yellow, 4300k is natural light, 5000k is pretty white/ turning blue, 6000k is blue, 8000k is really purplish blue and gettign dark. 10,000k is deep purple.

If you can't reach Kurt HID's can also be bought off fleabay or other websites. But look around and be sure you get high quality b/c the low quality kits don't last. I would recommend him tho b/c he supports the site, his stuff works and is high quality, and he stands behind his products. I had an issue and he helped me with it like right now. Nice guy.

:Rockon:

Back