• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Your Sleds Saftey...what do you do?

Two of my vehicles are equipped with Viper Security systems with a pager system which have perimeter motion sensors and verbal warning that gives a potential thief 10 seconds to vacate the area before the alarm sounds off. It also has shock sensors with adjusatable sensitivity. The shock sensors on my wife's Ford Escape are set sensitive enough that if my trailer is walked on it will set the alarm off.

My Pick-UP has an Alpine System (no longer available) with external / internal motion sensors. It scans the exterior zone (10m) around the vehicle. If motion is detected it will auto switch to the interior motion sensors. If there is interior motion it automaticly sounds the alarm; if not it returns to the exterior sensors (all in under a second). If there is still exterior motion in the 10m perimeter; it will "chirp 3 times" warning a thief that there is a security system. If there is still motion 10 seconds after the warning; it sounds the alarm. This one also has shock sensors that are adjusted to sound the alarm should somebody climb in the back of the pickup or get on the trailer deck. It didn't have a pager though like the two Viper Systems.

I had one attempted theft when my riffle was in the gun rack of my pick up during hunting season. They took off in a hurry when the alarm sounded because my drivers door window was shot with a BB gun (prefered method for alarm detection by thieves in my area).

Edit; When the sleds are at home; they are on the trailer in my back yard with a 6' privacy fence and locked gate. The trailer has ski bars with locks to secure the sleds and also has a lock system by MasterLock to prevent theft of the trailer and sleds. The lock system I use is listed at a link in this thread; http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=37585

My trailers are usually right outside the bedroom's large bay window and my two Rottweilers sleep next to the bed. They have great hearing and are quick warn if somebody or something is in the back yard. The 2 yr. old barks at everything that moves. The 3 yr old will look out the windor and only barks if she sees a stranger in the yard. I know if the 3 yr old is raising hell I need to get up, get the Glock (backup for the dogs) and "release the hounds".

Jim

I knew I saw something like this before but forgot where.
Finally came accross it.
Cabela's (and other places) sell a motion alert system.Its called a Wireless Driveway Monitor.
Weatherproof for outdoor use.Projects a infrared beam that senses motion up to 80 ft away.Has receiver for inside the house.
Could put this out side by the trailer and shoot the beam accross the yard.
2-3-4 ft off the ground I'm thinking to avoid picking up small animals.
Some I've seen you can plug in a lamp into which turns on when the alarm goes off if you are not home.This one does not.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... d=cat20183
Just another idea.

Back