• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zbroz adjustments

I just got my kit today and if you have yours already installed, could you post or send me a few pictures of it from the top down , not sure what upper arm goes where, I didnt get any instructions and not sure what way to install the tie rods shafts, thanks todd snopro442@att.net

snopro442 said:
I just got my kit today and if you have yours already installed, could you post or send me a few pictures of it from the top down , not sure what upper arm goes where, I didnt get any instructions and not sure what way to install the tie rods shafts, thanks todd snopro442@att.net

Get them on so they lean towards the back of the sled. And your shock stands in the middle of the arm.

Attachments

• DSC00160.JPG
    DSC00160.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 150
as far as installing the tie rod, it looks like the more tappered end goes onto the spindle? also, just got an email from Nate at zbros and he told me that I need to get the "pivot pins" for the upper arms from the 08-09 mtx, I have the 08 fx and these are different????

If you look-up the pivot pin part # on yamaha parts finder, they are from a 09 phazer(PZ50VTYR/PZ50VTYS). As for the tie rods, the longest tappered end goes onto the spindle.

on the bottom arms the stickers face front and on the top there is a weld bubble on the center of the pivot part on the right side arm and not on the left.
cant post pics, sled is in trailer headed north, i will try and remember to post some when i get back.

on the upper arm adjuster bushing, i installed mine in front of a arms and was wondering what this does as far as handling and such as opposed to putting them behind arms?

and were is a good starting point on the heim joints, i think i have mine at about 3 threads showing and it looks to give it a slight angle inward as it goes up?

Zipperno said:
Not too much to play with.

Put the caster shim in the back to start with, then adjust the camber to what you feel you want. Neutral is a good start, then set toe out.

DSC00366-1.jpg

I did this with mine and it feels like the way guys explained how the 08's felt, if I come off a bump I don't know where it's going to go! If I get in a rutted out spot it feels very jerky, way too much pressure on the front end, my sled handled awesome with stock front end. I did pull my front limiter up 1 hole when I did a track upgrade in January, should I put it back to the stock position?

radianguy said:
I did this with mine and it feels like the way guys explained how the 08's felt, if I come off a bump I don't know where it's going to go! If I get in a rutted out spot it feels very jerky, way too much pressure on the front end, my sled handled awesome with stock front end. I did pull my front limiter up 1 hole when I did a track upgrade in January, should I put it back to the stock position?

I have the Simmons Gen3 skis on mine, maybe they make it feelbetter.

You could try to move the caster shim up front, it should make it smoother and maybe better.

i installed mine with shim up front and with the x2 skis everything is good except the hard steering with my slp pp it is perfect. im thinkin the x2 skis are just a little too aggressive for this setup. i will be putting powder pros back on next season.

Back