• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 in Apex Mountain?????

powder muncher

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Does anyone have some info and expirience with a ZX2 on a Apex Mountain 151 and Up??????

Looking to get one for my 08 Apex any good???????

I have a 151 in my RX1 Mountain. No issues to date. Thinking of doing a setback to accommodate a 159 track. I think with the new price on the skid I would try a timber skid next time around. I bought my ZX2 when the were first released and picked up at a good price.

I went the ZX2 rout because the timber skid can not take the big hits suspension falls on its face 2/3 through the stroke and bents shafts all the time.

Didn't know that about the timber skid but I never did that much research on it. I have about 5000 km give or take on the ZX2 holding up well. I think I'll get it re-valved next year, should have done it this year but time ran out and snow is on the ground. I do bottom out the skid when I'm riding hard but I think a re-valve will help this.

I noticed that on the 2nd year I could get mine to bottom out as well when riding real hard. I bet those shocks need a service once a year if your a aggressive rider. First year I took it through some crap and it was fine.

Finally had time to get her Finished

The install is real easy 3- 4 hours, it took longer to assemble the skid with the extensions than to do the drop brackets .
Works great in the trails here , now its time to take here to the mountains. I had to mess with it a bit to get enough transfer , now she is great of the line but still runs flat anywhere else , she just begs for a turbo.
The track has to be super loose for best performance and for the suspension to work properly, but so far no prob with slipping.
I will keep this updated as I have more deep snow info and some pics.

2-3 feet of wet heavy pow -3 Celsius ---- not at all what January should be like up here , but will take it over -30 any day.

The ZX2 performed excellent in the soft snow ----- carves and side-hills easier than anything else I ever had. I did mess a bit with the limiter and coupling set up for the best setting for the stock engine Apex. I have a 156 challenger extreme under it so great traction in this stuff. I had to set it to max weight transfer with no to moderate coupling for the skis to lift out initially and than it climbs and runs flat skis just above the snow. There is lots of coupling and weight transfer control left for a turbo.
The ride on the trail was great, you can see that they have that dialed.
In the big woops it could do with a bit more rebound dampening (got Big Boy springs on it)
There are a few things I want to try but all in all I am a real happy camper. And If I don't get time to mess with it I will be happy to ride it just like it is for the rest of the season.

Attachments

• ape.jpg
    ape.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 87
Good to hear I am in love with the ZX2. I'm a trail rider and so badly wanted the EC mono to work but its not even in the same league as the ZX2 for how I ride.

I plan on adding 151 ZXtend and a set back to run a 162" track when head west next year. Its a versatile skid and darn near bomb proof. I beat the snot out of it and looks like new.

Cant wait to get it in my SC apex now!! Hoepfully this week.

Back