• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy the Viper again?

Would you buy your Viper again?

• Yes

Votes: 68 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 21.8%

• Total voters
Ccmviper, keep in mind this is a very small percentage of actual viper owners. A lot of us are very picky and want perfection lol. I'm sure a lot are happy with thier purchase. Don't worry they pull pretty good in midrange. I'm sure you will enjoy. Happy sledding. Not here it's raining right now and plus 6.

There's some discouraging posts in here.I've been wanting a Viper since 2014 and just got one a couple months ago.I went for my first ride last night and had a smile the whole time.I never got to hold it wide open but it accelerates fast,loved the power and ride and I think its the nicest looking sled on the snow.Hope I don't have any problems

Like anything theres good and bad.
It seems some vipers are better than others.
Some guys have no issues, others have nothing but issues.
You bought a model year 16 and You seem to be happy so far, so i would assume you will remain happy.
I purchased a 14, the most issues seem to be with that year (lucky me) theres been a ton of refinement since 14

love my 16 XTX LE. I have the MPI turbo on it and love the power this thing has. Sure the Sidewinder has more, but as we rarely get over 80mph around here so not sure it matters that much. I ride with a bunch of older Nitro's, some Pro R's and a few of Cats. Dont get me wrong, I will get a sidewinder eventually if for no other reason than the headlight and ease of removal of the body panels. Okay the extra power would be nice as well.

Like anything theres good and bad.
It seems some vipers are better than others.
Some guys have no issues, others have nothing but issues.
You bought a model year 16 and You seem to be happy so far, so i would assume you will remain happy.
I purchased a 14, the most issues seem to be with that year (lucky me) theres been a ton of refinement since 14
I understand your frustration.Nobody would be happy with the experience you've had...its too bad some guys had a lot of problems.

Definitely... Bought one new in 14' (well aware of the risk of a first year sled) and could not be happier. I can't imagine buying anything but a yamaha 4-stroke ever again.

I have a 15 LTX SE, turbo from day 1. The only real problem I've had that wasn't self inflicted is a chain case leak I can't seem to fix. it's not a huge leak, just a drip or 2 over the course of the summer but a little annoying. The sled handles great, absolutely love the riding position. With a herniated disc I can still ride all day and not be crippled up like my other sleds.
I wouldn't buy another Viper though, but only because I'd get a Sidewinder .

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think when my Nytro sells ill be upgrading to a Viper! At least I know what to look for now. Thanks again

I went from the same nytro to a viper and am loving it. This will be my third season on my Nytro. I have put a 190hp kit from hurricane and cant be happier. You wont be disapointed.

cheers

Just picked up a new '16 Viper LTX SE for 9999, can't wait to ride it. I will be dropping it off at Excell for clutch kit, airbox, and exhaust mod first though.

Yes, yes, yes I would buy anther Viper. Bought a hold over 14 LTX SE and just love it. Yes the fit and finish of my older Yamaha's isn't there but when you are out riding this sled all the fit and finish issues go away. Feels lighter and I feel more in control and comfortable on the Viper. If you read on the Viper web sites about all the problems with these sleds you can get scared away from buying one of them. I owned a 06 Yamaha Vector that had nearly 8000 miles on it and never a problem, in fact I traded it in with original belt, battery, plugs in it, never missed a beat. Then you go on the Vector web sites and they are having trouble with everything on them also. I think a lot of the troubles are self inflicted and lack of maintaince. Nice thing also as the Sidewinder comes around now you can pick up used performance parts for you Viper cheap.

Yes, yes, yes I would buy anther Viper. Bought a hold over 14 LTX SE and just love it. Yes the fit and finish of my older Yamaha's isn't there but when you are out riding this sled all the fit and finish issues go away. Feels lighter and I feel more in control and comfortable on the Viper. If you read on the Viper web sites about all the problems with these sleds you can get scared away from buying one of them. I owned a 06 Yamaha Vector that had nearly 8000 miles on it and never a problem, in fact I traded it in with original belt, battery, plugs in it, never missed a beat. Then you go on the Vector web sites and they are having trouble with everything on them also. I think a lot of the troubles are self inflicted and lack of maintaince. Nice thing also as the Sidewinder comes around now you can pick up used performance parts for you Viper cheap.
Right!!! People seem to forget that 90%+ of posts on forums are about fixing problems but that's still generally a small percentage of people out there. People don't start threads to tell you they have no issues, it just doesn't usually happen that way. That being said, there were some real world issues as there are with every sled.

I have a 2015 S-TX DX, it's my favourite snowmobile to date.
Love the low end and mid-range, very comfortable sitting and standing.
I'd buy another one, I'm curious to see what they have for their 50th anniversary.
I am biased towards Yamaha's FWIW.

Exactly. It's almost like a game of telephone from the trail to the internet forum... you just never know what actually happened. Totally happy with my 2014 Viper. Sure, compared to an Apex, the fit and finish isn't as great but it's a great sled. Both the looks and the performance are great. If anyone is on the fence, I can't think of a reason not to get one. Respect the machine (don't beat the sh*t out of it) and maintain it and it will probably treat you well!

I have 14k miles on apexs similar on vectors and prior to those Doos and poos while began on Cats and yes would buy a Viper again. NO DOUBT.

i believe some people are easy to please, and some people are much harder to please.
Thats why places like dominos pizza and burger king exist. People are willing to just accept what they are given as good.
I happen to be much harder to please. And i am well aware of it.
When i buy something new, regardless of who made it i expect to see a level of quality and i expect it to live up to a certain standard.
While this sled might outhandle a nytro, the build quality and performance is no where near the nytro.
Being a newer sled than the nytro with the same motor. I have certain expectations.
Go back and look at some of the clutching threads. The viper clutching threads on this forum are hands down some of the largest clutching threads you will find on this forum. That speaks volumes to me that the sleds just dont perform right.
Im not really sure how you could think things like 3 different reflashes for this sled, swaybars rubbing body panels.
Cracks in chaincase covers, sleds that cant go over 85 mph, hot start issues, cold start issues, starter and starter gear issues,just to name a few things, are self inflicted but to each his own.
Everyone has their own set of expectations and this sled (other than ergos and ride) does not fit mine.

Back