• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX-1 updates/recalls

edgerider

Veteran
I know there were some updates/recalls that needed to get done to the 03s. Does anyone know if there is a list of them available anywhere? Did Yamaha cover them all? Thanks.

No recalls. Several updates for improved durability/performance. The control rod upper loops were weak - updated for 04 - thicker and stronger. Hood bumpers to keep the hood from rubbing on bolt heads. Rivet update to keep rivet head from rubbing on seat. Swaybar links - longer for flatter cornering, but its better to replace bar and links to 04+ and even better to replace bar with 13mm aftermarket bar. The other most note worthy update, which everybody did aftermarket was FRONT SPRINGS - 03 had progressive springs. Get #140 straight-rate springs.

They made over 100 improvements for '04 model to adress issues with '03.

IMO: The '04 needed 100 more and unfortunately, I bought most of them.

Are these "updates" covered by yamaha, or do we have to foot the bill?

Thanks.

Most all of the 03's burn some oil,If someone is telling you otherwise they arent being exactly truthful. But you havr to remember loose is fast.

:die ============ :jump: ----------------------------------- LaLaLa ..................... ;)!

I have 2 03's and neither burn oil. The think the turbo does push some out thru the crankcase vent, but not very much, it just get's a little sloppy by the end of the hose.

The 03 RX1 Mountain had 2 recalls. 1 was the rear suspension brackets. The other was the float bowls and jet well tubes.

Back