• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rage, no clue whats wrong, HELP!!

attaknytro

Veteran
hello all, wondering if you can help me out. we were out riding the other, just around the logging roads by our cabin. we had firsttimers with us so we weren't going fast. all of a sudden the rage started to spit and sputter like it was gonna back fire but not matter how much gas you would give it, it wouldnt backfire. the speedo was also totally blank....i shut it off and then it wouldnt start again, we had to tow it back. it would turn, so i know its not tight, but it only turns once or twice, then nothing...becuase the speedo went blank,im thinking jackshaft bearing, but it was just replaced less than a thousand miles ago, so im not really sure whats wrong......any help would be greatly appreciated. im done riding for the season so i have all summer to figure it out, but i'd like to know....HELP PLEASE!!!

ok, this sounds stupid, but i dont know what that is......sorry, not so good with sled mechanics, trying to learn!! explain PLEASE

Could very likely be the stator.

The CDI wire connects into your battery ground wire a couple of inches from the end of the wire which connects to your battery ground terminal.

See if the connector or wire is broken.

On my 2005 RS Venture; Snow got into the battery compartment. The snow melted and refroze into a chunk of ice which bounced around for several hundred miles. Consequently the chunk of ice broke the CDI connector which directly effects the stator.

If you have an extended warranty, this should be covered.

Hope this helps! ;)!

The CDI wire needs to be reconnected and if the stator is fried. The stator may need to be replaced.

If it is a stator problem.

Need to have it checked out.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Bob Davis AKA "Hondo" on these pages. Nice picture of you on page 4 of the new Yamaha 2010 catalogue. Semper Fi.

Get somebody to test it out with a meter. Got any electrical friends?

Thanks Vectornut,

Not much to work with. LOL...

Semper Fi ;)! ;)! ;)!

For sure, electrical trouble shooting needs to be performed. ;)!

I have a used stator from my 05 Rage, $125 shipped, in the lower 48
if you add your location in your profile it would help with figuring shipping, and the mods will tell you its a site requirement even though youcan use the site with out it.

k thanks, i'll let u know if im interested later. im not ready to deal with it until fall, it still runs, its just that the battery doesnt recharge so i'll deal with it in fall.

start simple - check the wires for the tail light and see if they are worn thru and if the fuse blew.

happened on my sons's nytro.

start simple - check the wires for the tail light and see if they are worn thru and if the fuse blew.

happened on my sons's nytro.

Back