• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Rage, no lights, no dash, backfires

JSTYER

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
Buddy's Rage acted up yesterday. Went riding he had no headlights, taillights and the dash pod was not working. Sled starts and runs. Got into the ride and it started backfiring and hesitating when he went to slow down. He checked the fuses they all look good. Any ideas?

Buddy's Rage acted up yesterday. Went riding he had no headlights, taillights and the dash pod was not working. Sled starts and runs. Got into the ride and it started backfiring and hesitating when he went to slow down. He checked the fuses they all look good. Any ideas?

Tors was kicking in I would bet you blew a fuse. Make sure the throttle cable is not to tight after cleaning carbs and check fuse block by the reverse lever.

Does the sled start on its own or does it need a boost to start?

I am going to suggest that either a battery cable is loose or the regulator is not working properly. Had a similar issue with mine. Suddenly wouldn't start without being boosted and ran very rough at idle. At speed, engine would run OK but lights were flickering (HID). Turned out that the battery cable was loose and as a result battery froze.

Back