• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RS Vector loss of power

West Charleston Vermont (Canadian bordor)
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RS Vector
Hello folks it's been a while and i have not done much riding but decided to today, well it didn't go to well i recently changed the oil & filter and put new plugs in (CR8E) greased everything, adjusted track tension, it already has new battery etc etc..

The problem: at times fells like it's running on 2 cylinders even on a well groomed trail here in VT (VAST)
starts up ok, idles fine no trouble light comes on, i did check the plugs they did seem very dry, almost as if the sled is running lean, sled was stored indoors all summer started here and there.

sled does have recent new fuel pumps (1 year ago) I will say this i did not clean the carbs at all before this season, sounds like iv'e answered my own question "BUT" could this be a T.O.R.S problem?

i do not try to run Ethanol all the time, but the engine has seen it since iv'e owned it. so overall the sled runs ok but when opened up (full throttle) you can tell there a loss of power there..

PS..it's ok to beat me up on the carbs not being cleaned, guilty as charged!! but any thing else that might contribute to this loss of power, your input would make my day Chris..

Back