• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Rs vector starting issue

Humzy16

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
05 Yamaha Rs vector
Hey guys I'm new to the Yamaha 4 stroke sleds just got one and went to start it today and when I turned the key the relay would click but it wouldn't even try to start just clicked! I was wondering if maybe the starter is toast and where to locate the starter on my sled! Or if anyone has a theory that can help me out thanks!

Hey guys I'm new to the Yamaha 4 stroke sleds just got one and went to start it today and when I turned the key the relay would click but it wouldn't even try to start just clicked! I was wondering if maybe the starter is toast and where to locate the starter on my sled! Or if anyone has a theory that can help me out thanks!

Are you sure you have a full battery? Also by the battery you can jump the starter relay. Those can go bad.

Are you sure you have a full battery? Also by the battery you can jump the starter relay. Those can go bad.

the battery is new and fully charged! Going to try jumping the starter relay tomorrow morning thanks!

Hey just wondering if you got this working ? I know this post is old but I got the same issue today with mine.

Hey just wondering if you got this working ? I know this post is old but I got the same issue today with mine.

I suggest starting a new thread and provide some details on your specific situation. You'll get more help that way.

ie. status of battery, gas, plugs, carbs, when last run, new to you?, temps ...

Back