• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rx war oil loss

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
fresh oil change with yamalube 0w40 and on its 1st ride the oil light came on. Sled has 17000 km on it. Should I just order an oil tank for it? Not seeing any underneath it at all.

It might be the dipstick went bad. If they don't read the oil level it lights the engine icon. Mine's doing that right now.

Ken..............

\dipstick was replaced last year with new from dealer. Took 1 quart to fill. Last year started full at start of weekend and needed 1.5 quarts after 200 miles. left no spots on garage floor over the summer.

fresh oil change with yamalube 0w40 and on its 1st ride the oil light came on. Sled has 17000 km on it. Should I just order an oil tank for it? Not seeing any underneath it at all.
Did you figure out what's up?

brother has not been riding it lately but we have been discussing it. i do remeber some old posts where the owners had to go back to semi synth or dino oil as their sleds where burning the full synthetic.

brother has not been riding it lately but we have been discussing it. i do remeber some old posts where the owners had to go back to semi synth or dino oil as their sleds where burning the full synthetic.
I use Mobil 1 European car formula 0w40 in the Warrior and it does burn if I'm running hard. I've talked to some people at work who also have RX's and have said they also burn oil if they run them hard. I think it's the nature of the beast.

thing is i always ran it harder than he did and never had an oil burning issue. he has had it for the last 6 seasons and it just started doing this and i know he is not riding it as hard as i would.

thing is i always ran it harder than he did and never had an oil burning issue. he has had it for the last 6 seasons and it just started doing this and i know he is not riding it as hard as i would.
I'd look for oil residue on the exhaust tips after a ride.

Both my 2004 rx1 will lose a bit of oil,tipping,gasket leaks,holding the throttle to the wick,starting them in -30'degrees Celsius.....etc.

Back