• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Rx Warrior Track + Clutching Questions

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
2006 Apex (VE Tunnel, 144" track, Slydog Skis and Wheels)
2005 Vector
Hey guys, after trying to sell my warrior here in western Maine, no one seems to want to pay above $2000 for it. It's extremely clean and has 6500 miles. I did front end bushings this year and copper exhaust donuts to keep the head pipe from cracking. I did put a WRP tall seat on it last year which made a huge difference with me being 6'5". I'm only 17 and bought this sled a few years ago coming from an 800 Pro X2 which I sold because of the dreaded crank problems. I love this sled and I ride with mostly all four stoke Yamaha's. My plan was to upgrade to an apex or attak this year but with post high school coming up I think it's a smart idea just to hang on to what I have and see what happens. I really do love the sled and I think I will just keep it. That being said it's going to need a track before next year and all the tips of the current ripsaw track are starting to break off. I like ice attak and ice attak XT tracks over the ripsaw because I feel they are more durable. After riding the sled today I have decided that I will probably end up just keeping it for a while and racking up the miles. A friend of mine also has an 04 rx-1 that he bought it new. He has a clutch kit which he said he got from Yamaha and that sled is one of the fastest things around. I know Ulmer makes some clutch kits but I'm really not to familiar with it. I figure I could just get this sled to an apex level with out spending around $3000 for a used one and then not having any luck selling mine. Thanks for any advice and let there be snow.

i loved my rx war clutch kit from ulmer. mine was biased for corner to corner in the trail. i did run a ice ripper on it for awhile and it was not too bad. as long as you do not see the fiberglass rods, the track should finish off the season just fine. you could also try barn of parts for a used track and possibly a clutch kit from a sled he has scrapped.

Back