• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Mountain Ski's

RX1 PW

I just got the 05 mountain ski's I ordered for our 2, 03 RX1 mountain machines. I installed one set, and it looks like I am missing a part to allow for the different width between the old 03 ski and the new ones. It might be the part that makes the 05 ski adjustable. Can anyone help me with this.

I think I am going to like these new ski's once I get them installed as they should help to keep the front end on top of the snow. Also the price seemed reasonable.

Perry W

I believe there is a separate part number for a hardware kit you need to order with those skis to mount them on a machine that didn't have them stock. I'll see what I can find. It should be in an 05 accessory book.

the part numbers needed are:mounting bolt, 90105-10106-00. spacer collar:90387-16013-00 .4 needed. you can reuse old nuts.

Missing the spacing collars

Thanks alot, I am missing the spacing collars and will give the part number tomorrow morning to my parts person. I have the new bolts and pins for the bolts, but no spacers.

Thanks again, got to love the info this site has.

Perry

Ski's

Not sure how much they weigh. I don't think they are much if any heavier than the old ski's. I got the spacers the other day, and installed them on the weekend. The ski's look like they will be better in the powder, and the cost was only $115.00 CDN.

Perry

Since they look just like Powder Pros then I'm guessing they will be similar. This last weekend we were running in about 8" of powder on the road and the skis did an awesome job of keeping the snow from spraying up in your face. They also looked to be floating the front of the sled instead of plowing into the powder. My overall first impression is Yamaha finally has a ski I can ride without changing. The only drawback I could tell from my Simmons is they dart on the trail but I haven't checked the alignment yet either.

How about a complete parts list from someone who has ordered these. I assume you guys are just transferring your 03 skis over to an 05 and saving money on parts? My dealer told me $450 with my discount. :(

:o| Is the 450 price for the 05 skis? I looked at the catalog and I remember something like 100.00 per 1 ski , so i wouldnt think it would be around 450, maybe 350 or less, 200 for both skis and 100 for the bolt kit? I am also anxious to see how the new skis are compared to my 04s ;)!

You need 2 - 8FK-23711-00-BK Black skis
2 - 90105-10106-00 Mount bolts
4 - 90387-16013-00 Collars
2 - 90387-10036-00 Collars
Re-use the rest from your original skis. the new ski weighs 7-8lbs complete with runners & handles(each)

My discount is 20%. I dont have my original skis, I need everything. Anyone ordered everything yet? Bought my sled with Simmons on it and no stockers.

slymax said:
the new ski weighs 7-8lbs complete with runners & handles(each)

well crap, that aint no good! A fricken Simmons weighs 8 lbs and they are tankers! Are you sure??? I want a 6 lb max ski. :o|

Powder Pros are certainly cheaper than $450. Pretty much the same ski too.

Back