• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Mountain Ski's

I'm weighing the stuff on a bathroom scale, should be pretty close. In addition to the parts I posted, you would just need 2 handles and runners. PPD makes a lighter ski, not sure on the weight though.

thats my next purchase ,have turbo(well paid for it and now delivery date has been pushed another 2 weeks),have track, and for 150 cdn I would buy them 05 skis right now.But I was quoted somewhere around 500 cdn. For that money I might as well just wait and come up the the extra 150 for simmons.

Man what a sport I picked. :Rockon: :drink: :drink: But dam its to much fun no way I could go back to my pet rock collecting now :ORC

My turbo just got pushed back 2 more weeks as well. At least my tunnel ext and rail ext got here today. That stuff took 30 days from Idaho, apparently canadian customs processes when they feel like. I hope they aren't handling the turbo shipment in the same way or we'll be lucky to see it by Christmas. If that's the case I might have to look for something else, it's already 2 weeks later than promised, I want to be riding next month. $500 sounds a lot for those skis, I'll check on completes tomorrow.

well then at 250 cdn I would buy them,way cheaper than the aftermarket boys and they have to be better thatn the ones that came on my 03.Thanks for the read. :Rockon: Need to save a few bucks somewhere :drink: :drink:

After reading about you two waiting for your turbos Im glad I got mine when I did. I actually wasnt even on the list but they sold me one that was meant for someone else that hadnt payed it off yet. :tg:

The Vector turbo kits aren't here yet. I think the RX1 kits arrived but not sure. I got lots to do before it gets here, may as well just take my time with the other stuff.

slymax said:
You need 2 - 8FK-23711-00-BK Black skis
2 - 90105-10106-00 Mount bolts
4 - 90387-16013-00 Collars
2 - 90387-10036-00 Collars
Re-use the rest from your original skis. the new ski weighs 7-8lbs complete with runners & handles(each)

Just had my dealer run these parts with skags and loops added. With 20% off of retail he quoted me $303 US. This guy is really cool to me too. Sells me stuff way cheap so I know he isnt jerking me around. Can someone tell me what I am missing here?

If you don't have the original stuff, you will also need the rubber blocks for under the saddles, the 2 nuts and 2 cotter pins. ;)!

Listen here Freak,
The parts... straight out of my Yamaha catalog for 2005 says the following: (this is available from the Yamaha website as well)...
'05skis: $94.95 for black, ski mounting bold: $3.75 (you need 2)...
Ski Mounting Collar: $1.50 (you need 2 per ski)... so your total for 2 skis and hardware (using your existing ski handles etc.) would be 203.40$USD.

How in the HELL is your dealer telling you that it's 300$ (or whatever) at 20% off... he's YANKING you. ...Unless he's including something that you don't really need..
My dealer said they'd have me out the door for like 180$ with EVERYTHING.... hmmmm.... :shock:
...Perhaps i should order them for you?!?!? ;)!

I agree with RX1CO, My buddy just bought his 05 mountain ski from High Altitude Yamaha for his Viper. Cost him $198.00 out the door. That includes Tax.

I dont have stock skis :o| I think he put down the skags twice when they come in pairs so that is a little of it.

Are the loops sold each or in pairs? Im guessing each.

2 skis @ 95 = 190
carbides = 29
loops 2@20 = 40
total 259
20 off $207

Then I need the stopper and the bolts and the 03 retro fit parts.

I think Im just gonna get the PP's ........ :drink:

loops

You should not need the Loops or the Carbides, as both will come off your old ski's and bolt right onto the 05 Ski's.

Hope that helps.

Re: loops

RX1 PW said:
You should not need the Loops or the Carbides, as both will come off your old ski's and bolt right onto the 05 Ski's.

Hope that helps.

RX1 pw is a comedian .... :D

Back