• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Mountain Ski's

Enough of this madness already...

Freak, I have a set of black Powder Pros with black loops I will
sell you for $300.00 maybe 100 miles on them. Just bolt on and go.
E-mail me if interested.

One thing can do with the yami mountain ski that you can't do with the powder pro's is you can adjust your ski stance 1" narrower or 1" wider. for those guys wanting even flatter cornering this may be the way to go.

I also want the 05 mountain ski´s on my warrior, and here´s what my dealer qouted me:
$265.81 each ski including mounts and handle
Dooly carbides are $80.99 each ski
total is $ 693,60 canadian :(
I feel totally yanked by my dealer :o|

What do you think?

Ernie

the dealer told me the 05 ski mounting kit was on backorder. i told him as soon as he gets the mounting kit, ill bring him a check.

waiting waiting waiting...

Hey guess what
I wrote that my dealer qouted me $ 265.81 for each ski and $ 80.99 for each Woodys Dooly carbide which i thought was too pricey. But i had misunderstod my dealer. It is $ 265.81 for each ski inkluding handle, all mounting hardwear and Woodys Dooly carbides. ;)!

05´ Mountain ski´s ordered LaLaLa

Ernie

I installed the new '05 mountain skis last night and found that I need two longer sleeves in addition to the longer mounting bolts and spacers. The sleeve would go in first with the new bolt through it and the spacers slip over it on either side.

Everyone was saying you just need new bolts and spacers, so I over looked the longer sleeves...I see new that there were 2 collars (part# 90387-10036-00) in the part list that slymax posted in addition to the 4 spacers and longer bolts. Are these the sleeves I am looking for?

I will be glad when they get an '05 mtn parts catalog up so I can find a part number when I need it. :o|

By the way, if you screwed up like I did, you can still mount the skis. Pop the shouldered collars out of the old aluminun saddles and use them in place of the new spacers. They fit perfect if you slide these and one washer on each side. I wouldn't leave it that way indefinitely though since you lose the direct shear on the bolt and introduce some bending stress...but with 48" new snow this week I am not worried about taking any hard hits for awhile. 8)

Ski-Bum

I am going through this right now with a set we sold. The good thing is the sleeve is available right now so you should be able to get one shortly. I am 99% sure you have the right part # for the sleeve. I'm surprised the sleeve part numbers weren't in the accessory catalog as the other collar and bolt numbers were. :?

Please give us a report on how the skis work after your done playing in the 48" of white gold

My dealer is telling me that the 05 mtn skis are on at least 1 month back order. Is this the case everywhere? I was really looking forward to a set.

Rob

well went to the dealer today. He has 2 05 Mountain ski's ready for me to take, but he just doesnt have the mounting kit. he told me the mounting kit is on backorder until January 10th.

Well I've put about 120 miles on the new skis since my last post. It rained on our new snow, so no good powder riding, but the new skis handled 100% better than the old stock skis in the slop. Feels like floating on a cushion of air. Handling improved dramatically. The old skis would really dive into the turn and push in the slop, but the new skis handled like I was riding on smooth pack powder. Went for a night ride friday and the snow was developing a crust on top. The new skis didn't dive from side to side like the old ones (any of you who have experienced the crusty oscillations of death will know what I am talking about). What I didn't like in the crust was when ski is just cutting through the top layer you get a lot of resistance from the deep sidewall of the ski, making them more effort to handle. You have to be careful in these conditions because if you are not subtle the things will hook up beyond the point where you can correct. (This same feature makes them really nice in the deep soft stuff, so I guess you have to make a trade off somewhere).

All in all I am very happy with the way they handle. sled feels much more floaty and responsive, decrease in drag up front is very noticable. Great improvement for the price.

SoCo, you should be able to get away with a high strength bolt and lock nut from the hardware store, and use the old spacers lide I described above. We set up another machine like this for a few weeks until parts come in. :4STroke:

05 RX1 Mountain Skis

I have an 03 and 04.I put the new skis on my 04, and let my wife ride it. She did not want to give it back.I ordered a set for my wifes 03. The new skis are everything Skibum said they are. Im still waiting for the rite bolts. The long bolts for my ski scratchers worked fine, till the new bolts come in. ;)!

Slat - Did you put ski scratchers on the new skis? Hartman told me they needed some type of bracket made. How did you make it work?

Back