• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05' RX1 peak shift rpm

Equalizer

I hope this isn't a stupid question, I tried searching but wasn't able to find the info I was looking for. My brother has an 05' RX1, all stock, when accelerating from a stop, the rpm's hold steady at 10,0000rpm and I was wondering if any performance gains can be had by bumping the rpm's up to 10,300 or so, as that's what I notice most people are running at? If we can get an extra sled length or so in 660ft by bumping the rpm's up it would be worth it but b/c the hp curve is so wide on the 4 stroke I'm not sure if the 300rpm increase would help. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

LazyBastard said:
Over 10000 would help a little. Get a couple more HP, spin it around 10500.

Thanks, I really appreciate your advice! I just didn't want to play around getting the rpms a little higher if there was nothing to be gained by doing so. Thanks agian, 10,500 it is!!

10200 to 10400 is bang on......add a 23 tooth top gear for some real extra push you will feel in the seat of the pants!!!!

Back