• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Weight

Smokey

Expert
Just curious as to what the owners manual say for the dry weight of the 05 RX1 shorty, the rage and vector...I know this is not an accurate weight but I can compare to the 04 RX1 shorty weight which in the manual, if I remember correctly says 553 lbs...

smokey

I think its 30 lbs lighter. But I have good information that you're 30 lbs heavier.

:moon:

Interesting my Vector book say's Vector ER is 564 dry.

Actualy after looking at my book further i think the model no for the Vector ER is RS90R and that would make the Vector ER 545 Dry. Corect me if i am wrong.

Snowtech claims they weigh there sleds WET/NO GAS. It would be great to see what the RX1-ER comes in at WET/NO GAS. Does someone have the equipment to do this??

Quit talking about the weight! Ride it like you stole it. All stock RX's weigh the same model to model. If weight is a concern, have a six year old ride the sled to make up the difference! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

The weight doesn't bother me...If it did I wouldn't have bought a second RX1...First was an 03 hit a nasty rock and wrote it off...Hit the rock in January and rode it till Mar...Got a great deal on a black 04 with reverse and three years warrantee for $10,600 (Canadian) I put 400 miles on it before I put it away...

Still haven't heard anyone quote the dry weight of the 05 RX1 from the manual...Just would like to compare it to the dry weight in the 03 and 04 manuel to see if it is 30 lbs lighter as they say...If it is the manual for the 05 should have a dry weight of about 530 for the shorty with reverse..

Looking forward to seeing all of you at the Manitoba ride... :drink: :drink: :drink:

impalapower said:
Quit talking about the weight! Ride it like you stole it. All stock RX's weigh the same model to model. If weight is a concern, have a six year old ride the sled to make up the difference! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I don't really care about the weight from a riding perpspective.....obviously it's my 2nd RX1. I am 6'3" and 215Lbs. The weight doesn't bother me while riding one bit. It actually feels lighter than my ZR800 ever did!!

The reason I want to know about the weight is I am curious to see whether or Yamaha lied to us...this way I will guage how much I can trust them in the future. ;)!

These machine ride like a full sized truck..SMOOTH....you only notice the weight when it's stuck and I see the sweat on my buddy's brow from helping me pull it out....... LaLaLa :D

Listed dry weight is 567 lbs I do believe. I've had two people tell me that they weighed theres with all oil & anti freeze & battery in and they bothed weighed in at 563 lbs.

Every year we go thru the same crap. Is it heavy , hell yes, is it damn heavy, hell yes BUT ONLY WHEN IT IS STANDING STILL. :o|

If you bought it for the right reason it ain't heavy, if you bought it to break trail and ditch bang it is too heavy.

It is what it is and 10 pounds either way ain't going to make any difference unless you are a mountain rider. :ORC

Jim

Wow for you guys who didn't buy a 2005...why don't you keep your opinions about this to yourself... .for those of us who bought 2005's this was part of the Yamaha marketing campaign.....a 30Lb weight loss plan!! 30Lbs on any sled is considered to be quite a bit no matter how you look at it.

We will see if they are telling us the truth. 30 Lbs...(if this is true) will change this machine's characteristics dramatically. So if you have a 2004 or earlier...don't worry about it..I don't really care how much YOUR machine weighs....if we want to know how much this year's model weighs we should be able to ask it without getting bombarded by ridiculous comments.

If you didn't buy the 2005...don't bother replying with stupid answers like...IT"S HEAVY.. :ORC

Take a look at the TITLE of this post....key thing being....2005

Back