• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Weight

The most important KEY is how many of us are not 30 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT. :Rockon:

If you believe any manufacturer on weight you are in trouble. They all lie it is called MARKETING.

Nobody even knows what it is supposed to be 30 pounds lighter than, the 04 or 03.

The key changes will be in 06 and that is what most are waiting for.

Jim

If you believe any manufacturer on weight you are in trouble. They all lie it is called MARKETING.

Nobody even knows what it is supposed to be 30 pounds lighter than, the 04 or 03.

Hey there you seen this one yet?
t_2005_rx1_weight_no_gas_1.jpg

Read the post..http://www.rx1.info/viewtopic.php?t=5600..I believe the weight difference was 32Lbs between a 2004 and a 2005. Hey..what do you know...maybe we can trust Yamaha claims. ;)! ;)!

The key changes will be in 06 and that is what most are waiting for.
Hey there Jim...What "key" changes are you referring to? Did you hear about those from the Yamaha MARKETING LIARS as well or did you get your information from a more relaible source like those honest, hard-working SALES guys? :D :D

The pressure on Yamaha from the other mfgs. in 06 is forcing the changes. A lot of new coming from others in 06 so Yamaha had to plan for 06 to be the big year. That is why I am adding M10 and ecp and keeping mine this year.

Talk to me next March. ;)!

Jim

I still don't think 30 lbs is anything to write home about and definately does not justify trading in unless mileage over 10,000 miles. You can get the same weight reduction with an aftermarket seat and exhaust if not more.

Jim

Strap 30Lbs. to your back and walk around...it's quite a bit of weight.

I have been buying new sleds every other year because I like to stay current. Next year rather than going new, I will probably TURBO mine depending on that new suspension.

Unless of course something awesome comes along in 2006....then well things could change... ;)!

WOW...Didn't realize such a simple question would create this kind of monster...Most of us love these machines regardless of weight...I simple wanted to know the dry weight of the 05 shorty with reverse from the owners manuel, so it could be compared to the 03 and 04 dry weight from the owners manuel...STILL DON'T HAVE AN ANWER...Surely someone has their 05 owners manuel by now...

RXWonder said:
Strap 30Lbs. to your back and walk around...it's quite a bit of weight.

I have been buying new sleds every other year because I like to stay current. Next year rather than going new, I will probably TURBO mine depending on that new suspension.

Unless of course something awesome comes along in 2006....then well things could change... ;)!

I agree 30lbs is alot.. Just think how easy it would be to loose another 20lbs.. Making it realitivly light!

I too am waiting till the 06' sleds come out! Hopefully yamaha looses another 20+ lbs.. :Rockon:

Hey

Like impalaPower, i will say, what the hell with the weight. Your trying too find the truth behind manufacturer claim. That, for me, a total waste of time , keep this time for riding and preparing your sled. LaLaLa . Or make a snow dance for the snow to fall sooner this year.

Seriously, are you really feeling bad with the weight. This is my take, for trail riding, this weight (that is hard to notice) keep that sled planted on the ground, totally impertubable, and really bad for tree. :D And for mountain riding, that only "/$"/!/$"? when i'm trying to start from nowhere in the middle of a big hill (when a friend get stuck where he shouldnt.)

Otherwise, the sled is flying high, and she will FLYING HIGH AGAIN (Ozzy) this winter.

Oh, by the way, Ozzy said, The closer you get trought the meaning, the sooner you know your dreaming. :Rockon: (that is true for the weight)

:D :drink:
Sorry but i'm TOTALLY RX-1 ;)!

dry weight 03 rx10 = 558# rx10r=564# dry weight 05 rx10=545# rx10r=560# ( not the results i expected ) & on the title shipping weight 03=564.38# & 145 hp. 05=559.97# & 140 hp. Am i reading this wrong or did reverse get much heavier?

Back