• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06-07 Attak differences??

shakyjake

Hey im looking for a good used 07 Attak in blue. I know alot about Yamaha sleds but at the time the 06 Apex/Attak line came out I was still riding my 02 viper, and Srx, so my 06/7 model year personal knowledge isnt there. Sold the Viper last year and the SRX is up for sale now and Im getting into an Attak or Apex LTX asap and I would like to know if there were any inherent diffences between the 06 and 07 Attak models. I know usually there is first year model quirks and trying to find out if the 07's had any updates/upgrades or if buying an 06 is nothing to worry about. Not sure....any insight is very appreciated.

Besides a few color changes, the only update they did to the 07 over the 06 was update the handlebars to a 1 piece design.

Most of the used sleds you find out there, might already have updated handlebars on them. There was a heating issue with the end of the bars, so many people switched them out. :4STroke:

Thanks for the info, hopefully I can find a good buy on one soon, I really dont want to wait until the snow flies, that way it will give me some time to go through the thing before winter. What is a safe stud length on those models in case I find one without studs?

1.375"...some run 1.45" but its starting to get a bit tall... i have 168 in both @ 1.375"... but can still get them to break loose at 50+ mph..

i run 96 down the middle with singles and doubled 1.375 snd it hooks with no slip. it takes off straight and fast.

I'm running what woodys recommened. 162 down the middle with 1.325's. 2 seasons and no problems.
The newer the sled is the more improvements they did.
I get confused between the Apex and Attack in 06-07 but gear ratio changes,skid changes were done besides the handle bars. Also the chain case cover was changed. 06 would leak out by seals. If you get a good deal on 06 you can put some money to bring it up.
My 07 has been good to me except Y pipes were going at 6k but they were warrantied. $240 for parts if not.

I added one aftermarket. I got one for around $100 from Port Yamaha. If you run studs you'll have to add 1 1/2 in of protection directly over the cooler.
I'd buy another 07 if I could. Every year they made them better but every year they are more and more money to buy.

Back