• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex vs 09 apex

new rob

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper rtx
dealer has a sweet 09 apex for sale love my 06 just wondering if there is a whole lot of differents between the two or would you wait a few years until the 2011 are more affortable ????? :o|

Difficult to say what more affordable means at $15K MSRP USA for 2011 Apex. I don't think a lot of 2011 units will be sold or flipped quickly. Could be a long wait. 09 had rear heat exchanger & rear suspension was better each year. 06 -2010 Apex all good sleds but better 09 & 10. I like 136 over 121 better handling sled. Buy the 09 now before someone else grabs it then see what Yammy does in next few years. Not a lot of Apex 09-10 non currents in my neck of the woods if any. Your are a lucky man to find 1.

Not sure if it matters to you, but a friend of mine has an 09 long track. He does love it. But he was getting killed by a couple of other guys who both had 06's. One long, one short.

He installed some kid of air kit and a fuel programmer and still was beat.

He went and talked to the people he bought the kits from and they said the 09 's are the slowest year produced. They can't figure out why. Yamaha claims that there were no changes that would explain it.

i talked to dealer about trade he wants my 06 , wifes 2000 500 vmax deluxe and $2000 the 09 is a gt with 1600 less km on it than my 06 .OUCH !!!!!!!!!! i think its a bit steep. i need some feed back on this one ?????

new rob said:
i talked to dealer about trade he wants my 06 , wifes 2000 500 vmax deluxe and $2000 the 09 is a gt with 1600 less km on it than my 06 .OUCH !!!!!!!!!! i think its a bit steep. i need some feed back on this one ?????

I think hes screwing you. Also in reality all your getting is the same sled you have now with some updates. If you were talking more like the newer 2011 it might be worth it.

I think your much better off walking on this one, but thats my opinion.

Maxout01 said:
new rob said:

I think hes screwing you. Also in reality all your getting is the same sled you have now with some updates. If you were talking more like the newer 2011 it might be worth it.

I agree, seems pretty hefty to me.

Maxout01 said:
new rob said:

x2...

new rob said:
dealer has a sweet 09 apex for sale love my 06 just wondering if there is a whole lot of differents between the two or would you wait a few years until the 2011 are more affortable ????? :o|

Also not worth the trade.... Save your money and get a 2011 left over next year. The prices of the 2011 will drop....

Start talking cash deal for 09 upgrade. You can always sell sleds on your own or come up with cash. Trade ins of multiple sleds always favor the dealer because you or forcing the dealer to take all the risk.

glockwise said:
Not sure if it matters to you, but a friend of mine has an 09 long track. He does love it. But he was getting killed by a couple of other guys who both had 06's. One long, one short.

He installed some kid of air kit and a fuel programmer and still was beat.

He went and talked to the people he bought the kits from and they said the 09 's are the slowest year produced. They can't figure out why. Yamaha claims that there were no changes that would explain it.

Im curious about this, as I have and 09 Apex LTX GT. Im right along side of my buddy with the same sled, only an 08 anniversary. he also has 108 studs and I have none.

More curious than anything, I couldnt care less if someone elses Apex is faster or not. There is ALWAYS someone faster.

Maxout01 said:
new rob said:

agreed. the way I see it, the 06 is worth 5,000 US. vmax worth 1000-1500. puls 2000. that 8000-8500...bad deal.

These sleds stock for stock are sensitive to overall setup and little changes to suspension, belt deflection, track tension, etc. all add up. Total mileage makes a difference. Belt wear makes a difference on top. Weight of rider also.

Back