• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attak idle issues

I synced the throttle bodies yesterday. Screws 3 & 4 were took more than a turn in to get them synced with 1. I started turning 3 out at first, and on the first blip it started popping flame back through the throttle body, so I'm guessing out is more fuel and it was WAY too rich.

Starts and idles better now, but I still can't bring the idle up the 1500. I have it about 1100+ and it's doing fine, but it's loping a bit. The adjusting screw on the clutch side still doesn't seem to do a thing. I went 2 full turns both directions and it changed nothing, so I put it back to the starting point. I did confirm the plastic head is indeed turning the screw under it.

I synced the throttle bodies yesterday. Screws 3 & 4 were took more than a turn in to get them synced with 1. I started turning 3 out at first, and on the first blip it started popping flame back through the throttle body, so I'm guessing out is more fuel and it was WAY too rich.

Starts and idles better now, but I still can't bring the idle up the 1500. I have it about 1100+ and it's doing fine, but it's loping a bit. The adjusting screw on the clutch side still doesn't seem to do a thing. I went 2 full turns both directions and it changed nothing, so I put it back to the starting point. I did confirm the plastic head is indeed turning the screw under it.
They only move air. It's been a while since I did one, but you should be able to open them all slightly to bring the idle up, and then of course re-confirm synchronization.

Is the process of sync'ing the carbs on a carb motor (eg RX-1) the same as sync'ing the throttle bodies on a FI motor (eg Attak/Apex)? I've always sync'd the carbs on my RX-1 but never touched either of my Apex's as I wasn't sure if the process or the same tool I have (Motion Pro 4 line mercury sync tool) would work. The reason I ask is that you had mentioned sync'ing your carbs to carb #1 and thought the base carb was #3 but again, that was an RX-1.

Is the process of sync'ing the carbs on a carb motor (eg RX-1) the same as sync'ing the throttle bodies on a FI motor (eg Attak/Apex)? I've always sync'd the carbs on my RX-1 but never touched either of my Apex's as I wasn't sure if the process or the same tool I have (Motion Pro 4 line mercury sync tool) would work. The reason I ask is that you had mentioned sync'ing your carbs to carb #1 and thought the base carb was #3 but again, that was an RX-1.
Not quite the same as the butterflies are closed at idle. Idle air travels through a different passage way.

Check the idle mixtures in the Diagnostic screen on dashboard to make sure somebody didn't mess with them.
Set them to "0" for now if they are not.

Also new plugs with correct gap & torqued correctly.
Some plug lube to make sure they come off next time & resist water to plugs.

There is a process for syncing the bodies. I'll look them up tonite for you. It's been a long time for me.
The mechanical linkage must be done first & correctly.
The throttle cable MUST have some slack in it.

Not quite the same as the butterflies are closed at idle. Idle air travels through a different passage way.
Do not turn the screws between the throttle bodies. Use #1 cylinder as the base. Use the air bypass screws to adjust. Vacuum pressure at idle speed is about 27.3kpa, or 205 mmHg

Do not turn the screws between the throttle bodies. Use #1 cylinder as the base. Use the air bypass screws to adjust. Vacuum pressure at idle speed is about 27.3kpa, or 205 mmHg

YES
I only brought it up if it was touched. As in Put it Back
I believe the #1 screw is a different color.
Match the other 3 to that.
I can't find my info, but i believe they get set at 2000 rpm's. Still trying to find my notes.

Is there any codes at all?

More info. Maybe someone can flip that for me...?

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_212113_resized_20210125_092156298.jpg
    IMG_20210125_212113_resized_20210125_092156298.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 106
So it appears I should be able to use the same sync tool I have but are the places to connect those hoses the same as they are on the carbed sleds?

My 08 Apex has close to 18,000 miles and have never sync'ed the throttle bodies; mainly because I didn't know how or wasn't sure I had the proper sync tool. After seeing this, am curious to get it hooked up and see where they're at.

74Nitro, where was that sheet from? I just checked the service manuals I have and neither of them have information on how to sync the throttle bodies. That's another reason I hadn't done it; didn't see the process documented in any of the service manuals I had. May need to check with Steve (aka cannondale27) to see what I'm missing.

Back