• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro

I have an 07 and have never did the tensioner. Mine runs quiet. Fox floats require maintenance. If you never service the shock they suck. Buy some Fox Float Fluid and service them. Set to 50-55 psi and they are decent.

I have an 07 and have never did the tensioner. Mine runs quiet. Fox floats require maintenance. If you never service the shock they suck. Buy some Fox Float Fluid and service them. Set to 50-55 psi and they are decent.
I just messaged C27 Shock Doc about them. If he says he will rebuild them then I’ll try them next year. I’ll get both sets rebuilt. I always hear bad things about them.

I hated them at first. They are simple to service.

Jack up the sled. Let out the air. Unbolt the lower bolt at the a arm. Unscrew the main tube. Slip the main tube off and hose it out with brake cleaner. Regrease the lower seal. Slide tube back on. Pour some Fox Float fluid in. Screw back tight. Pump air back in them.

It was night and day how they ride. The fox fluid eventually runs out. Thats why they start to suck and get bouncy.

Buy some Iridium sparkplugs for the Nytro. I bought them through NAPA. I would toss out the belt and buy a new one from Yamaha. They are cheap and much easier to change out in your garage. I change mine every two years.

I hope you guys enjoy the Nytro as much as I have over the years.

I hated them at first. They are simple to service.

Jack up the sled. Let out the air. Unbolt the lower bolt at the a arm. Unscrew the main tube. Slip the main tube off and hose it out with brake cleaner. Regrease the lower seal. Slide tube back on. Pour some Fox Float fluid in. Screw back tight. Pump air back in them.

It was night and day how they ride. The fox fluid eventually runs out. Thats why they start to suck and get bouncy.

Buy some Iridium sparkplugs for the Nytro. I bought them through NAPA. I would toss out the belt and buy a new one from Yamaha. They are cheap and much easier to change out in your garage. I change mine every two years.

I hope you guys enjoy the Nytro as much as I have over the years.
Thanks Fast Lane. I guess I could change the fluid and seal. I was gonna have them valved while they were getting rebuilt. I’m gonna stick these on for now, I know the floats have to be in sad shape from never being rebuilt.
I did buy new iridium plugs. I plan on installing 96 picks, changing plugs oil and filter and I also have a new battery for it. I did buy a new 8DN belt as well. After this shake down weekend we are gonna bring it back home and I’ll put that tensioner in and install flex pipes and ditch the bellows before a donut goes out. I’ll also do the chaincase oil before we ride it.
I really think he will enjoy this sled. He has been talking about how he wants to clean it spotless and make sure it stays top notch so that’s a good sign he’s gonna take care of it.

Let me know how the cam tensioner job goes! Take lots of pictures!!! I might attempt mine in the spring.

Glad I could help ! We have to keep our sons and daughters interested in the sport.

Tell him he did a great job on the paint. It should look killer .

Minor set back this week. My daughter tested positive on Saturday after feeling under the weather last week on Thursday. By Monday morning it hit me. I was down all day Monday, feeling just weak and run down on Tuesday and felt better today so I started trying to get some stuff done around the house because I couldn’t just sit around any longer. 2 hrs in and I’m was worn down again. My sons have been at their mom’s since Saturday and have no symptoms so I’m not putting them in my truck with me and driving 5-1/2 hrs to only have them get sick. So I might just take a solo run on Friday. I have to get my Viper back together and I also have a turbo kit I wanna put on it, I have to get driveway cleared because they won’t fill my propane tank because they say they can’t get in driveway and I’m down to 30%. Then I’ll throw the Nytro on the trailer and drag it home with me. I did get the tensioner and gasket today. Or was it yesterday? My days are so messed up right now. I planned on being up there Wednesday til Sunday and this really put a hurting on my plans. Stay safe everyone and I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the season.
7A6FD661-34A0-417D-BECD-F570AD100F87.jpeg

Feel better ! I got a severe case of the Flu over New Years down for 5 days and still not feeling good . Covid was Neg !! So much for the flu shot …

Tested on Friday and then hit the road solo. I was still not feeling 100% but I had to get that driveway clear so they can fill up my tank. Arrived at the house about 5:45pm and there was no way I could pull in. So I hoofed it to the house and got the heat turned up, flipped on the breakers for water heater and well pump. Put on my Carhartt bibs and jacket and headed out to get driveway cleared.
13AB3E23-9FC4-447A-90B2-301FC55D0ABB.jpeg

13EB8276-719A-4602-958B-CF930DE7553D.jpeg
Truck still parked in street and it was about 0° at that time. I wasn’t feeling up to the task but I had to keep moving.
916A24DB-02F6-422C-847A-1B5D9773C4AB.jpeg

The snowblower was in the portable garage I put up for all our summer toys for the kids. I ran a cord out there and fought to get the blower running but it did. Cleared the path around the propane tank and back to the driveway and after about an hour I was getting worn out. I was sweating and had no energy so I took a 20 minute break.
DB6CDE03-A6E3-431F-AE71-3648589732B4.jpeg

I knew there was no way I was gonna get the driveway clear that night. I didn’t have it in me. So I made a path down to the road and opened up the beginning of the driveway where the snow was hard and piled up from the road being cleared.
A6A3BDD5-21C0-4625-8A55-B65294DB1656.jpeg

Then I made a path just wide enough to get in the driveway so I didn’t have to carry my stuff through the snow.
B436ABE0-015D-4F35-B61F-3C6CA8C436D1.jpeg

After that I unloaded my stuff and went inside to get some rest.

The next morning I got back out there and finished it up.
AD190301-1356-47AD-AC5F-1FC5C253BF0A.jpeg

1660F3C9-BF8F-4CC2-BD02-6194D87A9122.jpeg

The path I made around the propane tank.
463A1470-B7B7-408D-A325-8606A07A5013.jpeg

After I finished the driveway I took a break and ate some stew. I couldn’t sit around and do nothing so I spent some time slowly working on my Viper putting the turbo on.
20D9660D-19A0-441A-8C5C-DC2E190E338A.jpeg

E08D7895-0957-43BB-90F5-05E88B2C5899.jpeg

My garage heater was acting up and I was tired of being on my feet so I grabbed the hood from my sled and went inside to clean it up and add some vinyl decals I had.

5BA35227-0930-4A62-8C7E-56A0BB447D9C.jpeg

D73FC7BF-DC9A-4A8C-81DB-511EF518570D.jpeg

0D9DEEC7-6BEC-4483-BCA7-52D4CE0A4E94.jpeg

My wife told me she got her test results and was positive but I didn’t get mine at that time. Strange.
It was late by the time I finished the decals so I went to bed so I could leave at a decent time Sunday to head home.
Loaded up with the Nytro and was on the road by 10:30am heading back towards chicago. Got home 3:45pm and still no test results so I emailed the lab that did my test and Monday morning find out I put .con on my email. But yeah, I tested positive as well.
So today, (Monday) I messaged a guy selling a sled lift local to me and went and grabbed it because I don’t have the time to make another one. This one is home made, freshly powder coated and is heavy duty made from metal not aluminum. So now I have the sled in garage on lift ready for some maintenance. Hopefully I can get this done in the next few days so I can head back up and actually get some seat time.
D23C6C75-B3D6-4F75-88DB-C871416611C7.jpeg

The Viper looks good ! Keep the pics coming . Hope you feel better soon . I’m hoping we can see the Nytro in action .

The Viper looks good ! Keep the pics coming . Hope you feel better soon . I’m hoping we can see the Nytro in action .
Thanks. I’ll be sure to get some video of Jack on the Nytro.

I feel your pain struggling with a driveway lol ! Our cabin has about a 1/3 mile long one . Thank God for 4 wheel drive or we would have to park out on the road and walk in .

Attachments

• F014EBC2-7C28-4A81-805C-4DC192FED64F.jpg
    F014EBC2-7C28-4A81-805C-4DC192FED64F.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DD0298F8-35AF-438B-A09C-0C503D97283A.jpg
    DD0298F8-35AF-438B-A09C-0C503D97283A.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DE2AD418-D913-4CCA-AC19-30AACABA6289.jpg
    DE2AD418-D913-4CCA-AC19-30AACABA6289.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 48

Back