• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro

I got the 96 picks installed tonight too. I forgot what a pain it is to do this. I’m sore, not as young as I once was.
283498C1-D75C-495B-99EA-76FC4F686D90.jpeg

If I set the timing marks on cams level to the head, or as close to it as I could,
View attachment 165253
My marks looked like this.
View attachment 165254
But I can honestly say I’m exactly where it was before I did anything. Does it look like it skipped a tooth? Could it have been set this way from factory? I doubt anything has been done to this engine with only 1000 miles on it. I haven’t rode it since I bought it other than on and off the trailer twice. What do you think? Run it? Try to adjust it again? I hope I don’t have to do this again.
I have never done this job but it looks correct to me ... Maybe ask Grizztracks to take a look and confirm your pictures . Never hurts to get a second opinion.

I would buy the the tool off of you. I'll probably do the cam tensioner this summer. I'm going to call the local Yamaha dealer and see about parts.

I got the 96 picks installed tonight too. I forgot what a pain it is to do this. I’m sore, not as young as I once was.
View attachment 165255
That’s an excellent setup. Those Stud boy backers look good and should provide better traction and braking. I’ve never run them you will have to let me know how they hook up . The track looks almost new ! Your son is going to love it .

I would buy the the tool off of you. I'll probably do the cam tensioner this summer. I'm going to call the local Yamaha dealer and see about parts.
With as much help as I’ve gotten from this site I’m willing to pay it forward. Message me your address and I’ll send you the tool I used for that spacer. If someone else needs it just keep paying it forward.

That’s an excellent setup. Those Stud boy backers look good and should provide better traction and braking. I’ve never run them you will have to let me know how they hook up . The track looks almost new ! Your son is going to love it .
I definitely will let you know how they do. I think 96 is going to be about perfect for this setup. I’m not a firm believer in the whole 1:1 hp to stud ratio.
The track has a few cuts and bruises but yeah, it only has 1041 miles on it.

Put the front shocks on today. I had to mount them in this direction because the lower part of the shock wouldn’t fit in the top pocket. But it shouldn’t matter. Everything fit fine this way.
D33C8A71-3DF3-465C-89B4-9086959C0713.jpeg

I’ll get them adjusted after I get it on the ground and then I always set the bump stop at the shock body and see if it bottoms out. I’ll then adjust them so it comes close to bottoming out but keep it 1/8-1/4” away with just normal trail riding. That always seemed to work well for me.

No worries,, the timing marks are spot on. It's not off at all.

Any updates or ride reports on the Nytro ?
Yes and no. Update is I didn’t get my exhaust donuts before I went up north. We left on Wednesday morning and they showed up Thursday. I also got the greaser for the driveshaft bearing, and a new kill switch because it’s broke off and there’s a screw there now.
11DB85BB-EC87-4ECD-9D8E-A90655F7F74C.jpeg

EAA319CE-ACB4-4446-9F7C-FF9E42C3D752.jpeg

97F30477-F788-4476-A302-9538139ADBF2.jpeg

And another thing, my son was at his mom’s because of us testing positive but then his step dad’s son tested positive so Jack had to quarantine until he tested, which was negative but he stayed home this time. So I’ll get this thing all back together this week and we’ll head back up next weekend for 3-4 days. It worked out because I had to finish my turbo install when I got up there and my brother and I did a full day of test and tune on our Vipers. He has the Hurricane 190 kit and I have the Push 210 kit.

My brother has been driving when we go up with his eco diesel Ram because my Duramax lifted a head and spit out a head gasket and I haven’t had time to fix it. Well, he lost oil pressure a few weeks ago and spun a bearing and has been looking for an engine with no luck or an older (07-11) 2500 Cummins to get us by this season.
We have a 27’ aluminum deck over Forest River enclosed trailer and my wife would be mad if I took her Escalade every time I went up and with the short wheel base it would be pretty sketchy. Last time I went up I used the 02 Escalade I bought for Jack, he gets his license in a few months but there’s no way I would use that to pull that big trailer. The 02 is AWD but has the weak 4L60e trans.
A85598B8-2BDF-4FE3-B769-F7225464B0B1.jpeg

The last 2 weeks I was searching for another truck for either him or myself to get us through the season. The used vehicle market is outrageous right now and anything that was a decent deal was gone before I could get to it. I lost a few because I was working afternoons and couldn’t run when they popped up.
Long story already long, I seen an 08 Silverado 2500 LT1 Duramax pop up on one of the sites I was searching and I called and they said it was still there but they had more than a few calls and people were coming to look at it later that day. It was Tuesday morning the day before we left so I dropped everything and drive the 1-1/2 hours to go check it out. Less than 90k miles, 1 owner, all the service records, clean carfax and it was pre DEF so I didn’t hesitate and bought it. Drove back home and told the wife we needed to take a ride so she could drop me off to pick up a truck and she wasn’t too happy with me but I needed it.
80D27765-B82E-4A4A-AB7B-594A1A404B2F.jpeg

4CB183B6-163A-41EA-9D77-1D49A392E13D.jpeg

BA52D4DE-7C8E-4E03-B7F8-3B3162AC193A.jpeg

It worked out perfect. I don’t think I ever bought a used vehicle before and just hooked up a trailer and drove 326 miles one way without going over it with a fine tooth comb but this time I did. And didn’t have any issues. It pulled the trailer perfectly and everything worked like it should. So we are back in business for the season and don’t have to worry about not being able to use our trailer.
527D9B0A-C65A-463D-99ED-6716BB518E44.jpeg

We have some cold weather coming in here in Chicagoland so last night Jack and I got his sled back together. Valve cover sealed up, new exhaust donuts put in, fuel tank and seat back on, oil topped off and we even started it for a minute. So I know it runs and it’s not out of time. All I have left is fill up the coolant, put on “the Greaser”, set track tension and change the kill switch. He’s excited and ready to hit the trails this year.
8B971DA2-2F26-4F1D-9055-1542D6D3B816.jpeg

Back