• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 venture rs ski alignment

ontariosledder

Veteran
hey,
i did some repairs to my right suspension, my ski saddle was bent and worn (previous owner) after fabricating a new saddle and installing it along with new suspension bushings sleves and bolts i noticed my right ski was now pointing toe out. i adjusted the outer steering tie rod to correct. now my handle bars are skewed about 10 deg. to the right. i guss my question is should a yamahas steering be set up with a toe out situation? this is the only way i can understand my error.
looking for advise. thanks

Maybe I'm wrong but every sled I've owned requires a 'toe-out' setup. It's a a more forgiving, less darting setup.

thanks koenig
i centred my handle bars. that put left ski toe out then i adjusted the right tie rod to turn the right ski toe out. everything is good.

I use Curve Industries recommendations/instructions and they are bang on imo.

(Just in case you want to double check?)
http://curveindustries.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87

Where do you ride OS? I am from Oshawa as well and usually ride from the Port Perry area when time permits.

hey Irv.
mostly ride out of havelock, thats where i keep my sled at a buddys place. we trailer up to the bancroft area nice trails, we are heading to Quebec in Feb. never ridden port. you ride out of gasoline ally on 115?
OS

Back