• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex RTX Studding....

dscjeff

I was thinking about putting 1.5" studs on stock track. Anybody know if I will have clearance issues?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=31200
That link might help you out. I see you are new to the site and welcome. Take a minute to update your location in your profile as it is a site requirement. - Thank You.
Also, Try using the search. It works pretty well if you type in the correct words for what you are searching for.

I would say 1.5 are way too long , ya only have 1,25 track. I have 1.375's in my 1'25 ripsaw track and I still have managed to just nick my muffler, besides if you follow say woodys recommendations a1.50 stud say in the 1.25 track is NOT recommended . Too much over the height of the track and your risking "pull threw" and the stud "laying over" instead of penetrating and doing it's job. As a guide you only want to see a 3/8"+ of the stud above the track lug. Longer is not better!
Rich

Just like Rich Kay said.

Size depends on manufacture since they all measure their studs from a different point.But they all make a correct size for that track.Any questions let me know.

2 Rich's can't be wrong. ;)!

I have the same sled with 1.325 and like Rich says I have nicks on my exhaust bracket. The 2 clamps holding Muffler to header also takes a few licks.

Keep in mind we have the pro active and not the Mono rear skid. Might be a difference on the two skids. After seeing the damage I wouldn't go any bigger on the 07 RTX.

i havew 1.375 and have nicks.some minor damage... don't go any longer... not on the pro active.... some with the mono will run 1.45 but i sure would not.

here are my studs

Attachments

• IMG00038.jpg
    IMG00038.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 85
I have the Mack 1.450's to which i have noticed some gouges on the exhaust bracket and up on the front cooler. never measured the distance from the tip of the track to the tip of the stud though, but i will today.

I run 1.450 woodys on my 07 RTX. Yes they will hit in some spots.(especially when your track tensioner breaks on one side!!) However I have had the track ratchet and they have not got the front exchanger yet. What I have done is plane down a set of old hyfax to about 3/16" and riveted them to my tunnel protectors for some added protection.

Back