• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex rtx

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
speedo is showing 106 for top speed,does that seem right or should I be seeing more?on a hard packed lake or trail...all stock except cobra track

As said in the other post you should check if someone ground off a couple teeth on speedo gear, as that was done often back in the day. It's directly under secondary clutch.if this was not done than something is up, as you should be seeing anywhere from 117 to 125 on the dreammeter. Gps speed should be anywhere from 105 to 112, maybe higher, on snow.Good luck.

First - As mentioned above the mono is faster than the ck skid
Second - 1' track is faster than the 1.3" Cobra
Third - You are geared down. 22 top gear verses a Apex ER with a 24 top gear.
Fourth- What shape are the clutches in?

Last edited:
so should I put a 23 or 24 tooth gear?

I'm assuming 106 GPS, if 106 speedo then there's an issue. The 2007 RTX was geared down & CK suspension was to be Yamaha's "big bump sled". I would say 106 GPS for that sled on snow would be about right.

Do not touch the gearing. That sled will not go faster with different gearing. It has been tested. The ck skid is just as fast with a 22t top gear as any other gear when running on snow.

My 2007 RTX ran 112 gps when it was brand new. When I sold it with 13,000 miles it would barely crack 100 gps.

I had a cobra track, pilot skis, and extrovert drivers. All contributed to a loss in top speed IMO. I lost 5 mph with just the Cobra.

Check your drive bearings and your suspension wheels. Track tension can cause loss as well.

Back