• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top end MPH on 17 SW.

There's many ways to skin a "Yamacat" when it comes to clutching but I have found that the conventional approach what worked on previous sleds I have clutched typically works on my tuned SW...the key here is "Tuned". The SS tunes make so much hp and torque from low rpm that there is no need to run #*$&@ backwards helixs.

I find clutching will vary greatly from one tuner to another. A good clutch setup in a Hurricane sled will not work well in a TD sled. I can attest, as I've had both.

My Hurricane winder made big power out of the gate, needed a lot of heel weight and LOVED big initial helix angle coming out of the hole.

My TD winder hates big angle out of the gate, but makes big power topend, so it LOVES tip weight and can spin a 35/39 reverse cam, however it still is not my helix of choice.

Lots of great info here from guys that know what they are doing.

Timing
They are completely different to clutch
The pefi is closer to the TD stuff
Hurricane imo best corner to corner

I find clutching will vary greatly from one tuner to another. A good clutch setup in a Hurricane sled will not work well in a TD sled. I can attest, as I've had both.

My Hurricane winder made big power out of the gate, needed a lot of heel weight and LOVED big initial helix angle coming out of the hole.

My TD winder hates big angle out of the gate, but makes big power topend, so it LOVES tip weight and can spin a 35/39 reverse cam, however it still is not my helix of choice.

Lots of great info here from guys that know what they are doing.
Interesting as I have only used and clutched the Hurricane tunes but it does explain part of the reason my SW pulls away from other vendors tuned SWs I have raced in the first 300 feet or so whereas not so much toward the big end.

the td stuff was faster on top I thought having all 3
Hurricane is better drag racing
No a bash but have had them all and tuned all
They all like tip weight and mid weight
You need heel weight to grab the belt on the hurricane

Back