• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 fuel mapping for an 06

needspd

Veteran
Has anyone heard if the dealer can remap the 06 Apex with the mapping from the 07 model. From looking around various forums it sounds like the 07 has a snappier feel to it.

2006 & 2007 fuel mapping is identical. It was internet hearsay about the fuel mapping changing.

Something is different. Ride an 06 and an 07 back to back. Same gearing/clutching. Way snappier feel ??? About to run two turbos back to back, 06 and 07, both with 07 MCX kits and identical clutching set ups. Will report once we have a few miles on 07 for break-in.

Swap ECU from sled to sled. Just riding the two sleds side by side isn't a good enough comparison. Leave the sled the same and simply swap ECU's. A recently dynoed 07 only made 147 hp where most 06's on that dyno were 149-151.

How would I get my 06 to perfrom like the 07,at high altitudes, I ride in high altitudes upto 11,000 feet.

My local dealer is snowmobile ignorant which is why I purchased my Apex from a different dealer. They didn't even know about 0-30 oil until I asked them to order some. So I need as much info about this high altitude setup as I can get.

Spoke to Yamaha Cypress today. There are two modifications for the High Altitude Compensator, 93-ACL and 93-ACM. you have to give the dealer your VIN# and altitude you ride and they'll fix/adjust it.

I will get a hold of the dealer today. I took the sled out Wed. and noticed that I really lose power as I go up in altitude I started out on top (10 to 11k) and as I dropped down about 1000 to 1500 ft the sled felt like it was running way better It was even getting about 1000 more rpms on the tach.

Yes there is a alltitude compensation program but it is for your clutching and jetting on carb. models not to change fuel mapping on fuelies the mountain sleds come set for 8000-10000 and if you run in lower elevation they will pay to set the clutchs right the first time from the dealer

Yep. At lower elevations we clutch the same as the Warrior or Attack. With stock weights I can blip to 11200 rpm between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle. I can catwalk down the backside of hills all day long..

I had a 07 and a 06 out at the same time and i can honestly say i didn't feel a difference between mine and the 07. If there was a difference i'm sure i would have noticed. Sorry.

Back