• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer wiring help.

AndysDad

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Phazer Fx
Good Morning,
My son has a 2007 Yamaha Phazer, he was in Wisconsin and the machine would not start. It was the relay I believe.
Anyhow the ignition switch was cut out at the small square connector block that connects it to the harness. Now there are the 4 wires from the switch and the 4 wires to the harness, I am trying to figure out which wires mate to each other. I think someone was trying to hot wire it. Thank You very much for any help you can provide. I have a schematic but I can't tell the connector direction.

The wiring from the key switch is a Red, Red white, Brown and Brown /white. The harness where it connects to is L/w, Red/yellow/,Brown and Black.
Thank You,

Here
E216EE7D-E4C0-4C26-8C49-2119FB40DAC2.jpeg
977235C5-786D-4E21-B3BB-9B18C05285D4.jpeg
9E72CA75-EB3A-445A-97DD-2961AA1F9F5B.jpeg
DC265E3D-5142-4E0A-9B07-C4A9EAF90921.jpeg
721FC3CF-4D8B-4FE0-BBD0-8C4E5AA6FA6B.jpeg
882AA1C7-13FC-4949-9CFE-50530B88D237.jpeg
876EB5CF-F25B-45CD-A032-3B7F35A361A5.jpeg

Sure I can help. Phazer is in my shop right now. Take some pics. Wires are colored though so not understand problem
Hey Cannondale27, thought I'd bounce this off you. I have two 07 Phazers, love these sleds and I've had them for 5 years with almost zero problems but now I'm in the rhubarb trying to learn and get one back up and running after it quit on me a few weeks ago.
I'm dealing with a code 81 on one of my Phazers (07 Mountain Lite). Tried to chase that down yesterday with no luck.
I also had my fuel pump fail, about the same time as the code 81 was showing up. With the code 81 flashing last time I rode my machine, it would clear or go away after stopping then restarting throughout the day. But next time I was about to go out the machine died and I haven't heard the fuel pump prime since. So I may have dual problems, but finally isolated the fuel pump problem yesterday (it wouldn't run with direct jump to battery) and pretty sure it needs to be replaced. So I'm hoping to find one today.
However I'm also trying to isolate the cause of that code 81. I unplugged several wiring clips yesterday, chasing down from left side handlebar and bar warmer switch, added dielectric grease to all and replugged, but still the code 81 flashing throughout that effort. I checked it each time I unplugged a wiring clip to see if that would kill it, but it flashed the entire time. Not sure if maybe once I replace fuel pump and the machine runs again, maybe the code 81 will clear?
Appreciate any input!

what is the ohm reading on each grip heater?

I'm not sure. I will try and figure out how to check that. Do you trace each grip heater wire back to a plug to check resistance, or where do you like to check that for each grip heater?

Back