• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'07 Snowflap

Check out Port Yamaha section on this site. He has them in stock. They don't come in any color than black :o|

leaddog said:
My g/f bought me mine, in hopes that it will be stiffer LaLaLa

Was waiting for someone to mention that little one, lol

With my 07 flap, im almost worried that it will bend the aluminum that it is attatched to, the flap itself is quite rigid.

guys,

the rear bracket under the flap is flat on the 07...the bracket on 06 is bent out since 06 flap HANGS ,while 07 flap is more rigid ....SO,you either will have to order new bracket for 07 also,which is relatively cheap,but more work with several rivets to change out...OR,BEND the 06 bracket flatter,so new 07 FLAP hangs down properly.

Im installing my new rear heat exchanger soon and will do the flap all at same time,and ofcourse i will take many pics as I always do with my mods...Ill post em then.

Dan

Much better than the 05. I put it back with 1/4 20 stainless bolts with nylon lock nuts. Easy to remove to work on picks. Also should not be able to back over this one. :Rockon:

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• 07_flap.JPG
    07_flap.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 99
I put one on my 06 Apex GT, and it is a big improvement in reverse and it looks a lot better. I drilled out the rivets and put it back on with stainless bolts and lock nuts,this was cheaper than buying the yamaha rivets. I bought mine from Kevin at Port yamaha for $24.00.

snow flap bracket

machzed said:
guys,

the rear bracket under the flap is flat on the 07...the bracket on 06 is bent out since 06 flap HANGS ,while 07 flap is more rigid ....SO,you either will have to order new bracket for 07 also,which is relatively cheap,but more work with several rivets to change out...OR,BEND the 06 bracket flatter,so new 07 FLAP hangs down properly.

Im installing my new rear heat exchanger soon and will do the flap all at same time,and ofcourse i will take many pics as I always do with my mods...Ill post em then.

Dan
machzed, the bracket on a 06 is the same part number as a 07 so I would think they are the same, why do you think there different?

Attachments

• windshield.JPG
    windshield.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 62
I also looked at a 07 RTX,and its flat......my 06 bracket is bent outward....Now,unless im totally drunk,and my dealer is wrong too....these should be two different parts,My dealer has several 07 brackets on order cause hes changing several flaps for his 06 guys...

has anyone actually had two sleds side by side?...I cant say im 100% correct,however my dealer is into performance stuff and I was under that 07 rtx for a half hour looking at it..I am pretty sure these are different brackets...

part numbers mean nothing really,as MANY updated yammy parts we have found KEEP the same numbers....

the brackets DO LOOK IDENTICAL...but they are SLIGHTLY flatter VS. more bent outward....take a closer look guys with a 07.

I will know more as of middle next week, when my parts all come in and I actually install mine,i will surely post my pics of install and what i come up with....

dan

Just got off the phone with Kevin from Port Yamaha. He said the bracket is the same on the 06 and 07. Not sure what to do now.

Thanks For posting that SnoWarrior. I like it much better than the old style flaps. Little more style to it. Did you change the bracket that someone had stated in this post or keep yours?

No bracket change. It is not really a bracket, they call it a panel sub frame. Might be a little different on the short tracks. I did both mine and my son's 05 Warriors. Drilled the old rivets out and installed the new flaps. I even ordered the black rivets, but decided to bolt the flap in case I want to remove it. I like the black bolts, I didn't have any handy, but will change them when I get time.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

While you are back there you should remove that fugly rear bumper and get it powdercoated black for $30 looks a hell of a lot betterespecially on the GT.

Jim

Ok guys...here is scoop on 07 flap and subpanel(bent bracket) underneath.

I had a 07 and 06 rtx side by side at dealer...also had an attack....first off,the SUB brackets ARE DIFFERENT.....the part numbers ARE DIFFERENT,they get updated when you order them,so part numbers show same in microfiche.

now,the difference is very slight from 06 to 07 short track,the Attack does NOT even have a sub bracket....so the attack is a nON issue with new flap.

on the short tracks,you will see the 06 bracket has the BENDout half way down on the 3 HOLES ...while in the 07 bracket,the BEND out,is ABOVE those 3 holes....so the bendout is at a different height from 06 to 07....what this does is it makes the 07 flap stick out alot further,when put on an 06 bracket....

IMO....the 07 bracket is not needed....it is about 18 bucks,so not bad however it is alot of work to change out with several rivets....

I do feel if you simply change out flap with NO MOD to the bracket,your flap will be sticking out WAY TO FAR to hold any snow underneath,and your buddys will hate you.

the simplest way to add the 07 flap,and cheapest...is to keep 06 bracket,but BEND IT DOWNWARD,so when you attach the new flap,it is at a proper angle,and not sticking out too far....this is something that you can bend before riveting on flap,and holding the flap overtop to see where it will sit.

yamaha wanted the new flaps more rigid,and away from the track more,as many of the tunnel bending issues were from flaps gettiing caught by studs and drawn under.

in conclusion..YES the brackets ARE DIFFERENT,however,i dont feel the need to make the brackets swap,since a slight bend of 06 bracket will match the 07 easy enough....

hope this helps everyone who wants the 07 flap...if your adding a rear heat exchanger like me,this is an opportune time to do so...as you will be right there,where you need to be....

Dan

Back