• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 apex ltx not starting.

Johnnyapex

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 apex ltx
2009 apex gt
I hope some one can help lol. I started my apex about a month ago had no problem. Went to start it a week ago and nothing happens. The dash comes on fuel pump clicks turn the key to start and nothing happens. I've been reading a bunch of threads in here. I changed the starter relay nothing happened jumped the relay starts no problem. Checked fuses everything is good. Battery is charged. I've checked the ground blocks i seen in another thread and no corrosion. I'm really at my wits end lol. I figured I'd post in here before I take it to the shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Check the ignition switch, sometimes they don't make good contact in the switch. Friends apex was stored in an inclosed trailer and had to play with the ignition switch sometimes it works sometimes not

So right at the switch where the key is correct. I have power at the ignition at the relay. I checked with my light tester. I'll go give it a shot right now.

Two plugs to check. The one at the starter relay and also the one for the keyswitch, which is located just 6-8 inches away from the underside of course.
Look for dirty connections/corrosion.
Where in Ontario are you?

6-8" from the key?
I live in london
Yes, on the bottom side of the panel where the ignition switch is mounted, just follow the wires, and it plugs into the main harness. That plug isn't a water tight plug like most of the others and I've seen it cause trouble. The next culprit would be the plug right at the starter solenoid.
Also, did you buy an OEM starter solenoid or aftermarket?

It was a used OEM solenoid. The solenoid on the machine looks like it's in mint condition. No corrosion nothing not even dust lol. I'll check that plug when I get home tonight.

So I found that plug and everything looked good on it I plugged it in tight and still nothing. I've been reading about fouled plugs being a problem but it would still turn over if they were fouled correct?

yes it would still turn over with bad plugs but not if kill switch is down (yes i have done it).

it is an actual apex/rx1 relay? vector/venture/rs is wired differently.

i have had an ignition break a peice of plastic off internally and it moved and blocked power to the start position on the ign. took it apart after i had replaced it and repaired it. carry it in my truck as a spare for if someone looses/forgets key.

It was a vector I believe and I know you have to switch the terminals. Something I just thought of should there be power going to the starter from the back wire that runs from the relay?

the cable that goes to the starter from the relay will only have power when starting the sled.

could there be a bad ground to the solenoid?

In your first post you said if you jump the relay it starts and runs good....?

the cable that goes to the starter from the relay will only have power when starting the sled.

could there be a bad ground to the solenoid?
I believe the ground circuit closes when you turn the ignition to crank position. The Blue/White wire becomes grounded. The red/white wire at the solenoid is live.

I believe the ground circuit closes when you turn the ignition to crank position. The Blue/White wire becomes grounded. The red/white wire at the solenoid is live.
i didn't know that. might just be a ground block issue if they have never been done.

I didn't let it run to long wasn't sure if it was a good idea to. For the ground it's grounded to the one starter bolt from the battery. Should I let it run for bit? I'll jump the solenoid tomorrow.

Back