• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 apex mtx engine braking

briguy

took my new apex to Blue river AB had 4 feet of loose snow I need some help to get rid of engine braking at low speeds tired of riding the hood when I let go of the throttle any help would be great

briguy said:
took my new apex to Blue river AB had 4 feet of loose snow I need some help to get rid of engine braking at low speeds tired of riding the hood when I let go of the throttle any help would be great

Bring your stance up and back a bit when you let off the throttle. Make sure your riser is tall enough so you are not hunched over forward. Get wider skis and stiffen up your front suspension so it doesn't dive and roll.
Feather the throttle a bit so the track doesn't load up with snow so quick. Ensure your rear`suspension is mounted on the upper hole.

But, hey.........4 feet of loose powder, ya gotta be lovin' that. We rode in 8-10 inches this past weekend.

I hope these tips help you out; good luck.

REXX
-----------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn. SE
MCX hi perf turbo
Western Canada

Thanks for the help will try that next time out I already bought riser and cable extension

After a little while you will automatically adjust for it and not let the gas off all the way unless you need to brake. I haven't kissed my hood in a long time but did a quite a few at first. :jump:

Back