• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro no electrical power.

snopro442

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
mod 08 nytro, 2-2007 phazers and a 2010 sno pro 500 speedwerx exterminator. new 2014 nytro for towing the snowcoach. 2015 Viper mpi turbo
I just got the sleds home from storage and all fired up but one, 08 nytro has a new battery and I got nothing. Pull up the kill switch turn the key and she is dead. What should I be looking for? any help would be great, Thanks

I just got the sleds home from storage and all fired up but one, 08 nytro has a new battery and I got nothing. Pull up the kill switch turn the key and she is dead. What should I be looking for? any help would be great, Thanks
Check the connector on the cable that goes to your key. It gets corroded and once loose it acts like the sled has no power at all...mine gave out last year on the trail - luckily I managed to isolate the problem by pressing the connectors together (hard) and turned the key and the gauge lit up.

Hope this helps -

Is that a brand new battery as in this week, this year, this season?? If it's out of the box and fully charged you might want to inspect your cables for polarity. Check your main fuse in case you grounded out something on the batt install.

had same problem last year, figured out it was a cable under hood battery side up towards headlight
kept key on and messed with wires. seemed that wires going into connector werent in enough.

I checked the key switch wires and where they plug into the harness they are full of green mold looking stuff. Whats the best way to clean this out? Thanks

cleaned it, greased it and good to go!

Back