• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector LTX Carb Clean?

Attak44

Extreme
Hey Guys,
My wife's 08 LTX is sputtering a bit and wants to quit when I give it gas on initial pre-season start up.
I sea foamed it in the spring and started the sled every three weeks throughout the summer so I figured I would be good to go in the fall.
I've changed the plugs with no improvement.
Anyone clean the carbs on the Genesis 120 before? How big of a job is it?
Some gunk in the carbs is the only thing I can think of that would be causing the problem.
Will a good dose of seafoam with fresh gas clean them out once I get it on the trail?
Any help would be appreciated.

PS... This is the best Yammi I've owned yet. Like it better than my Attak with the exception of the clutch rattle.

Thanks

Cleaning my carbs last season was easier than I anticipated. Biggest issue was when I blew out the idle circuits before realizing there were springs, washers and o rings still in there. :o| Had a heck of a time finding them on the dirty shop floor. Do your work in a clean work area and keep everything separated in order of where they go back in and on which carb. Not really that many parts to deal with.

As others have stated on this forum, be careful to get the tubes hooked back up to the bottom of the breather box and with no kinks. That would cause a real mess.

Attak44 said:
Hey Guys,
My wife's 08 LTX is sputtering a bit and wants to quit when I give it gas on initial pre-season start up.
I sea foamed it in the spring and started the sled every three weeks throughout the summer so I figured I would be good to go in the fall.
I've changed the plugs with no improvement.
Anyone clean the carbs on the Genesis 120 before? How big of a job is it?
Some gunk in the carbs is the only thing I can think of that would be causing the problem.
Will a good dose of seafoam with fresh gas clean them out once I get it on the trail?
Any help would be appreciated.

PS... This is the best Yammi I've owned yet. Like it better than my Attak with the exception of the clutch rattle. Thanks

SCOTT17
After the first start up let it idle w/o any flipping of the happy lever, Top off the tank with highest octane. If it doesn't respond well, let it sit for several days. What will happen is the wet gasoline will soak all the passages and free up things! trust me, this does work. :nos

Usually if it is having trouble idling without choke, then the pilot jets are dirty/clogged. Not too bad to do. I just pulled one bowl off at a time and took the jets out and ran a small wire through them after letting them sit in come carb cleaner.

It could be the carbs , which isn't a hard job to clean them , but It sounds like it is old gas ..If you used seafoam the carbs are probablly clean ..Like Scott17 said top it up with fresh high octane gas and take it for a good ride ............I cleaned my carbs this year and it still idled and ran poorly..Now that the snow is here and I was able to take it for a ride it is running good again....

Thanks guys for your input. I pulled the carbs and cleaned them. Not all that tough, just lots of stuff to unhook and take apart to get to them. I never actually saw any debris in there, however she now runs like a top so there must have been something plugged up.

Just need snow now!!

Back