• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Venture Lite Belt Replacement

DaddyWags

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 RS Venture GT
2008 Venture Lite
Ok really dumb question but how do you change the belt on an 08 Venture Lite? I've checked the manual I've googled, I've You Tubed it but none of them have a set-up like what I have. (see attached picture)
belt pic.jpg

Here is my approach, hopefully you won't require all of it.
Get out the first aid kit. There is going to be blood.
Remove women, children and those of delicate sensibilities for a distance of at least 100 yards.
Use the fins on the secondary outer to rotate it ccw.
Pull up on the belt and the secondary will open and when there is enough slack remove the belt from the primary first.
When removing the belt from the secondary try to avoid allowing the sheaves to crash together ... usually the tip of one finger is enough.

Do not despair, this thread will soon be replied to by a dozen guys who have no clue as to why I find this so fricken' hard, each thoughtlessly crushing the last vestiges of my manly pride.

No doubt it would be useful at this time if I also covered the technique for installing a belt but obviously you are better off waiting until one of those aforementioned dozen guys gets a minute.
HINT, first two steps are the same.

After trying and trying I can not get a grip on the inner pulley. Here's a picture showing how tight the belt is up to the edge of the pulley not allowing me to get a good hold of the edge... Any suggestions?

Belt pic 2.jpg

Boy am I a dumb #*$&@! It would help if the track was sitting on the ground right? I totally went brain dead on this one, I lowered her down and turned the pulley clockwise and she opened enough to pull the belt! Just a note, the guy in the above video made a mistake he meant clockwise not counter clockwise...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone, and THINK SNOW!

Back