• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 venture lite, secondary spacers

Mattcull

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha venture lite
I’m in the middle of trying to improve my reverse issues. It has a hard time engaging. I noticed my belt is riding to low in the secondary. How do I adjust? Everyone keeps talking about three bolts at the back. But my 2009 venture lite does not have three bolts, it has 3 screws. Do I separate the two halves and take out spacers??
Secondly, how do I adjust idle speed?

The spacers are between the clutch halves.

Did you check your belt for wear? Usually when it gets low like that, it's time to change it. And oddly enough, when it is low like that, reverse usually engages easier.

Did you check your belt for wear? Usually when it gets low like that, it's time to change it. And oddly enough, when it is low like that, reverse usually engages easier.

Its a new belt, maybe 100km on it.
but should i take a spacer out? will that make reverse harder to engage?

By low, i mean its flush with the top of the sheave (maybe a hair below the top. should I bother taking a spacer out?

Did you have a look at the reverse update bulletin for 07-08? Explains how to troubleshoot reverse issues and also has an image of the clutch shims. Yours being an 09 should have the extra shim. The idea was to lower the belt a little to lower tension on the reverse gear. It didn't help me much and oddly enough, the original -00 belt worked a little better than the -10 for me.

Attachments

• TY S2009-004 Phazer belt.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Did you have a look at the reverse update bulletin for 07-08? Explains how to troubleshoot reverse issues and also has an image of the clutch shims. Yours being an 09 should have the extra shim. The idea was to lower the belt a little to lower tension on the reverse gear. It didn't help me much and oddly enough, the original -00 belt worked a little better than the -10 for me.

K Thank you!
I just took it for a spin and it seems to be switching great!!
Thank you for the help!

Back