• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.75" tracks on the trail

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
i do know some on here run this size track so i was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the 1.75" tracks and trail riding. most of my concerns would be hyfax issues. but since ive put the zx2 skid underneath i havent had any hyfax issues. i was looking at putting the new camoplast xc pro on my apex. i ride trails mostly but do some off trail riding. i do know the track is listed by camoplast as on/off trail but still.

subaru2006

Only issue i have had is hyfax and cooling on trails and hardpack snow. a good set office scratchers will help. Can't really see the need for a 1.75 track on the trails.

If you mostly trail ride, I think you're going to find a 1.75" lug is a poor track choice. Slide wear will be poor. Top speed will be reduced substantially and I really dont believe the extra 1/2"'worth of lug is going to give you a big enough benefit to outweigh the negatives. Hard pack is tough on a tall lug also.
A better bet would be to go with the Cobra IMO.

Phazernut said:
Only issue i have had is hyfax and cooling on trails and hardpack snow. a good set office scratchers will help.

Get a set of rail mounted one and mount them on the skis with a longer bolt. The only issues I have is when the trails are hard packed after its been super cold. it pushes.

If you do alot of prolonged 70-80+ mph cruising on U.P. trails then your not going to want to do the 1.75 sno-x track. The sno-x track is not intended for High speed hard pack trails and it will not hold up. (I can't speak for 1.75 backcountry track becuase it is a softer compound and it is not a sno-x track) The upside of the sno-x track is The traction is the best thing you'll ever feel on a loose groomed trail. The track will throw golf ball to tennis ball sized chunks in its wake. Nobody will ever ride on your snow-flap unless they're a masochist. The side bite of the sno-x track is something you have to experience to believe. Depending on how you like to ride that is good or bad. It was really easy to manipulate the front end with weight transfer, which is really useful in whooped out sections of trail. I ran one 3,600 miles over the last 2 seasons on a Nytro RTX. I ran all 3,600 miles on 1 set of slides too. But I cooked the track on my last ride of the season this year. All of my low track clips came off and I broke a few of the bigger lugs off at the belt line. I'm getting long winded here so let me summerize. I love the track, its amazing! but if your going to run them you just better be prepared to replace it becuase its probably not going to hold up like a ripsaw for the trail..... It was a cool experience and I'll have some times next season where I'm sure I'm going to miss it but I'm probably going with the Ripsaw 2 track next season.

I've got 1.75 backcounty tracks on both my sleds and get along with them fine, as long as you have a GOOD set of ice scratchers. Everyone will hate to follow you because they kick up so much stuff. You will wear slides a little faster, but they are great when you get offf trail. I probablly run about 50-50 on and off trail. Have run down hard pack trails at 100 MPH for quite a distance with no overheating, but I have always had the sidekick ice scratchers on since day one. Hope this helps

Back