• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1 broken shock, and 2 codes #14 & 26

Ends should be available they are standard ELO automotive style connectors go you your Honda Autoparts dealer and have them match them up.

Sounds like someones pulled on the airbox at one point. This will cause the throttle to disconnect.

As for your linkage it was way overdue for the billet update anyways

yam177 said:
Ends should be available they are standard ELO automotive style connectors go you your Honda Autoparts dealer and have them match them up.

Sounds like someones pulled on the airbox at one point. This will cause the throttle to disconnect.

As for your linkage it was way overdue for the billet update anyways

Yea the dealer was telling my dad about the update. You say billet... billet aluminum? or what?

Also the dealer told my dad it came with new wheels.. you know anything about that?

Here is a prime example of TAMPERING with a great sled who sold you on those uni pods and what were they suppose to do did they or someone imply major hp gains , if Yamaha would needed those they would have put them on.

Btw when whoever installed the pods finished the job I would assume the airbox assembly was askew from that point on.

As far as the shock linkage failure that is old news SINCE 2007 and should have been updated by either you or your dealer , according to your original post you stated it was dealer serviced , when was the last trip to the Yamaha dealer.

RoyalBlue said:
Here is a prime example of TAMPERING with a great sled who sold you on those uni pods and what were they suppose to do did they or someone imply major hp gains , if Yamaha would needed those they would have put them on.

Btw when whoever installed the pods finished the job I would assume the airbox assembly was askew from that point on.

As far as the shock linkage failure that is old news and should have been updated by either you or your dealer , according to your original post you stated it was dealer serviced , when was the last trip to the Yamaha dealer.

Calm down buddy. Try not to eat me up why wont ya, you think you got all the answers but ya dont.

1. The pods dont imply major hp gains. 2-3hp actually. and if they don't do anything, so what. It's only $16. Also the pods didnt end up doing any damage to my sled, luckily.

2. I installed the pods and I actually took the airbox cover off. Its held on by 2 screws that you loosen and tighten by hand. So my point is, the airbox assembly was not tinkered with.

3. My dad has been dealing with this dealer for 12 yrs know. They have a good customer/dealer friendship. So the dealer wasn't going to milk my dad for all hes got. Also since this update was not factory supported it obviously was not urgent and needed for every Phazer Gt, so why fix something thats not broke? In my ride on Sat before I broke the suspenion, I rolled over 10,000km. Not many guys on here from what I've read have been as lucky as I have.

4. Dealer servicing. As you seen my sled is on 2 hoist. 1 supporting the tunnel and 1 supporting the whole sled. Why bother taking the sled to a dealer to have it serviced when my dad and I are more then capable and have all the tools needed. We have done this for the past 2 yrs since we've lived in the house we have now with the shop. Every fall I get a clutch alignment, done by the dealer. In the past 2 yrs, the only dealer servicing my sled saw was clutch alignments.

ps, I stated it was dealer serviced and serviced at home.

Cryin

I get tired of people coming on here and crying about issues and that could of been avoided , when you guys get a 5 star Pro Yamaha shingle hanging in your garage let us all know.

How about telling us about the good things that happened on your trip instead of the negative.

They guy I just bought my cahssie form to day had a little over a 1,000 mi on. Then guess what, he has not had one thing break on the sled nor does he have any of the updates done. He is 240 lbs and his somne does some of the riding.

FYI the suspension upgrade was an as needed basis update, not a recall. In other words they only replaced it if you broke it. Some dealers on their own replaced them ahead of time, but that was not the standard protocol.

Motoman765 said:
FYI the suspension upgrade was an as needed basis update, not a recall. In other words they only replaced it if you broke it. Some dealers on their own replaced them ahead of time, but that was not the standard protocol.

Exactly. Thats why its an update and not a recall. Example, mine didnt break till 10,000km, and now its getting updated.

Re: Cryin

RoyalBlue said:
I get tired of people coming on here and crying about issues and that could of been avoided , when you guys get a 5 star Pro Yamaha shingle hanging in your garage let us all know.

How about telling us about the good things that happened on your trip instead of the negative.

You get tired of people coming on here and crying about issues? Okay, understandable. BUT, I was not crying about an issue. I was simply asking for help about CODE 14 & 26.

You need to read more carefully before posting.

ps, the good things that happened on the trip.... hmmm lets see. I ate a really good Smoked Chicken club, I didn't have to watch for riders behind me as it was only my dad and I, we rode 370km(230mi) on very good trails, my sled broke down right beside a road so towing it was convinient, do you wanna hear about those thing? Cause I'm sure most people dont care about my Chicken club. The ride didnt have any specific "good things", it was just another good ride.

Chicken Club......

large_homer.drool.jpg

Rucks you are one funny guy. I am to lazy to post up a picture of something becaues someone said something. I am supized they let you do this. I would not stop you, got to have fun.

We ended up pulling out the green rubber gasket and cutting the black tube down and soldering the wires back together heavily. Just taped the clip up and put it back together. Have to wait for the harness so I needed it for the run this weekend. The fix held up to 445 miles this weekend!

Back