• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10 clicks in!!

SRXracer

Expert
I forget who posted it a while back... but whoever posted the 10 clicks in to improve the rebound on the GT is a freakin genious. We are up in the UP (in the keewenaw right now, trails are great!), we ran into some real bumpy stuff a couple nights ago, so i thought i would try the 10 clicks in on the rebound that i had read about. To make a long story short, it made the sled feel absolutely like a new sled. It would take 18" at 90-95 with realative ease. for those who haven't tried it yet, give it a shot. We had a couple guys ride it before and after the change, and couldn't believe the difference.

Yes sir the soft settings on the RA adjuster is where life begins......Now add the stiff spring and the bottom outs are greatly minimized. And the ride is still awesome.

Are u going 10 clicks of harder RA or 10 clicks softer RA ?

Rebound is too loose. I have mine out 3 from dead off. 10 clicks sounds like off as 20(correction;30) is full open If I remember correctly..helps keep a$$ from flying off seat over every bump.

Please explain this post. Are you talking ten clicks of what the cam adjuster or the RA or a combo? Come dude you know we are all a bunch of dumbasses on this site and desperately need guidance!!!

Most of us reference RA position based on Mid point. That leaves 11 postions harder and 11 postions softer. I have no clue what poster or responder were saying. Hope they clarify. I'm running 6 positions soft of mid point on Attak. Of course, my wife says I'm a "Big Dumb Fat Stupid Loser". studdog

Studdog I met a buddy of yours in Iron Bridge having breakfast. You can enjoy the post I put up of "Some pics of a GREAT ride"

Blue Me brings up a good point. On the rear Ohlin EC there is a black twist knob. What direction are you guys putting the 10 clicks at? Mine was on 10 clicks out from the day I got it. Should I move it to 20 clicks out which would be 10 clicks in from the end?

Attachments

• rear_shock.jpg
    rear_shock.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 162
The original post was in reference to a GT which has a different rear shock than aany other apex/attack. The RA on a gt is on the shock itself and is different from the adjustment on the handlebar. The RA on the apex/ attack is on the side of the tunnel and has a range of 22 clicks. Just wanted to clear up any confusion in this thread.

rebound or compression

The RA on Apex sled is for compression settings. The rebound is set by knob on the bottom of the shock. With the GT the compression is adjusted on the electronic handle bar and the rebound is again on the dial at bottom of the shock. Now that this has been clarified, :ORC what was 10 clicks out?, the compression from soft?, or the rebound from fastest rebound. Repost your settings with this in mind. :Rockon:

Re: rebound or compression

bigdog_mike said:
The RA on Apex sled is for compression settings. The rebound is set by knob on the bottom of the shock. With the GT the compression is adjusted on the electronic handle bar and the rebound is again on the dial at bottom of the shock. Now that this has been clarified, :ORC what was 10 clicks out?, the compression from soft?, or the rebound from fastest rebound. Repost your settings with this in mind. :Rockon:

My fault on piping in on this one. However Based on what Viper34 has posted in the past The RA adjuster on the side of the tunnel (apex e.r./rtx/attak) is mainly a rebound adjustment Not Compression.

Hey guys, just got back from another 175 miles in the keewenaw, the 10 clicks was in reference to the GT rebound setting, which is located on the shock as shown in the attached image above by ny_srx700. I went 10 clicks in the hard direction from the stock setting, you can also get to the same spot by fully tightening the black donut, and backing it out 10 clicks. Look at the image from the manual above, and it should make more sense. I was playing with the front end today, and went 5 clicks softer on the compression, and 5 clicks harder on the rebound (both from the stock settings) and found it rode in the bumps much better. I must also note, that these setups are for quite aggressive riding - when riding slower, the ride might have been a tick harsher, but when running hard, it was all smiles!

Re: rebound or compression

bigdog_mike said:

The RA on the tunnel of the Apex is NOT compression. Its rebound BUT compression is also affected. When using an adjustable orifice to control oil flow like the RA adjuster for changing rebound dampening, it will also have an effect on compression as oil will travel in both directions thru the orifice, unlike a one way shim as used for the stack valving on the piston. As far as a knob on the bottom of the shock... only on GT's

Back