• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'11 Apex Oil Pressure

Cummins6.7pwr

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex XTX
I have a '11 Apex XTX with 706 miles on it. When I start it up it shows OP LOW for a few seconds on the display. I have checked the oil level and everything seems fine. My dealer serviced it at the end of last season when it had 464 miles on it (bought it new late last season). My question is does this come on everytime I start it until oil pressure builds or do I have a problem? I came off an '04 RX-Warrior so the modern Apex is still pretty new to me. Going to be leaving for the U.P. in a week and just need some piece of mind. Any expert advice would be appreciated!

I have a 2012 xtx and was concerned about the same thing when I first got it. It won't do it every time but it's perfectly normal and there's something in the owners manual that even references this OP-LO message...no worries, sled is just reading the pressure at start-up, have a great time!

yes this is normal, funny thing is you don't notice it until after it is serviced for the first time, I guess you pay a little more attention to the gauges after your first service lol, 2 - 2012 apex that we have do this and also a 2013, your good-ride on

Thanks for all of your feedback! I swear it didn't do it until the 500 mile mark, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. Glad to know that is normal. These sleds are unbelievable and hope it will out run by buddies 800 Etec!

I am so glad I found this post!!

my '12 XTX just passed 500 miles as well. It must have just gotten out of break in mode as the OP-LO light came on as well. I almost held off my trip today for fear of an issue.

It did remind me to top off the oil and check it, I'm ready to rock now

You guys rock!! Thank you!

This is a reminder to get your oil & filter changed at 500 miles on a new sled.
It comes on at the 500 mile mark.

After that it is 2400 miles or yearly for oil & I think 12,000 miles to the next oil filter change.

There is not a break in mode on an Apex that comes to an end electronically..

It takes 1,000 to 1,500 mile to break in an Apex but there is no break in mode per se. Just things taking seat & loosening up .

The 11+ apexe's have 2 different display features, oil life tripmeter and low oil pressure warning monitor. When you start your sled the oil pressure is low so you see the later. It's totallyamaha normal... Pages 22-28 in the owners manual that came with the sled explains all.

sx7001 said:
The 11+ apexe's have 2 different display features, oil life tripmeter and low oil pressure warning monitor. When you start your sled the oil pressure is low so you see the later. It's totallyamaha normal... Pages 22-28 in the owners manual that came with the sled explains all.
X2

Back