• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" or 136 extenson on a 08 rtx ?

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Lookin to extend my rtx,OFT 136 or hartman 128. Not sure about the tipped rails on OFT rails, ride trails 100% of the time. Will the tipped rail help with traction or would the 128" be a better fit. Not thinking about a straight 136", for fear of more front end push. Still wanna be able to ride hard thru tight trail. Thanks for any and all replies

Do what you want but 128 is a 4 inch extension of flat track on the ground. The 136 is 7.5 of flat on the ground extension. So 128 is slightly more than half of 136.
I went 128 with my APex as I am 99% on trail and no need for tunnel extension or need to move my rear heat exchanger (not stock). Hoping to get slightly better ride and traction may not have all the benefits of 136/144 but also has none of the minor drawbacks.

Yamadoo

My Sig.

Couldn't be happer with the 128" I think it's a really nice balance for the sled, I think it helps with the front end weight. I've never tried the 136" but I know some say there are a few drawbacks. After two years with the 128" the only drawback is...well I can't think of one. As for tracks, you may be a bit more limmited but I think there are enough out there to make it work. Cat has been 128" long enough, plus with Yamaha going 128" in the Apex I'm sure you'll see more. As for a lot of work/money for little change, there really isn't much invested as mentioned. A track and rail extension, done. No tunnel extension, gearing, clutching (I suppose you could). Go for it, for trail, I think 128" works for the Nytro.

I went from always riding 121 to a 144 and i love it i am about 60 on 40 off but i do alot more off trail now that i dont have a 121 apex to dig out. that being said I would go for the 136 due to track choices

hognit09 said:
Lookin to extend my rtx,OFT 136 or hartman 128. Not sure about the tipped rails on OFT rails, ride trails 100% of the time. Will the tipped rail help with traction or would the 128" be a better fit. Not thinking about a straight 136", for fear of more front end push. Still wanna be able to ride hard thru tight trail. Thanks for any and all replies

Your going to have more track on the ground coming into the corner on the 128 vs the 136 tipped rails.When you get on the gas you will have the traction of the 136 with the tipped rails because the suspension pivots backwards but when your on the decell your only on the 121" part of the skid. So on hard pack your sled will push more with the 128"

Track selection is not an issue,going with a ice ripper xt. What would be some drawbacks with the 136 tipped from oft?

Back