• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

129 vs 137

The LTX LE has a smoother ride than the RTX LE. The RTX suspension transfers way better and will out hook the LTX on anything but deep snow. Haven't tried any of the SE models.

There seems to be concerns about the Heavy Steering on the LTX, even after making adjustments....is this also true on the RTX?.... Would the RTX thru adjustments be any better capable of reducing this because of the rear suspension?

The RTX seemed to steer very similar to the LTX but we have different ski's on the 2 sleds so really hard to tell.

Are they the same shocks all around on the RTX LE and the LTX LE... just different valving?

The 129" transfers so much better that it can out hook the 137. Both sleds had transfer blocks removed, limiters loosest hole and tightened centre spring. My 129" viper would out hook my 137" viper as well.

I've got an RTX-SE. I put in a different transfer block, loosened the straps, lengthened front springs & turned the centre spring up. I'm very happy with the transfer. I don't like pulling the front end way up, but this will pull up 4-6" with ease, at almost any speed...just my opinion.

I've got an RTX-SE. I put in a different transfer block, loosened the straps, lengthened front springs & turned the centre spring up. I'm very happy with the transfer. I don't like pulling the front end way up, but this will pull up 4-6" with ease, at almost any speed...just my opinion.
How do you like the overall ride in the stutters?

Honestly, I think it's pretty good. Best ever? Probably not, but I've only got 230 miles on, and I really believe the more it breaks in, the more it'll "come in".

I do have a friend that has the 137, and can't stand the lack of transfer, but any suspension issue is a matter of what you like or don't. What I find acceptable, you may hate, or vise versa...

How far did you lengthen front springs? Pics.

How far did you lengthen front springs? Pics.
I can take pics this weekend. My sled is "up north". I'm 99% sure that I have 14 threads showing from the top of the shock. The centre front shock in the rear skid helped more than anything (tighten). Again, these are just my preferences, you'll have to "tinker" to find what you really like.

I can take pics this weekend. My sled is "up north". I'm 99% sure that I have 14 threads showing from the top of the shock. The centre front shock in the rear skid helped more than anything (tighten). Again, these are just my preferences, you'll have to "tinker" to find what you really like.

1st trip was experimentation for sure. Lengthened the front springs considerably which made sled much more predicatable, just about pushing on initial turn in. Made steering harder but not crazy. 1/4 inch on front suspension shock. Could probably use another 1/4. # 2 on spring, which shocked me because I should be on #3 for my weight. Will see how those changes go. If it's what I expect I'll experiment with dropping down damping also. Almost there. Just a little learning curve coming from 12 years on a monoshock.

Back