• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

13 Apex xtx with 1.75 Backcountry?

painter

Dumping the Turbo Cat for a nice reliable sled..........Getting a 13 Apex XTX. I rode one and noticed the track spins real easy in loose snow. I also rode a 13 Nytro 1.75, that hooked real good. I am thinking about installing the 1.75 on my new apex.....what you guys think????? Oh and I would also be putting the Duponts on with new track.

Thanks,
Ray

I got a 1.5 crossover track on my xtx and it works great but now that its worn out after 5,000 mi of beating the crap out of it im thinking of trying the backcontry 1.75 but little worryd of how it would work on the trail... I off trail 40% and 60% on.. Anyone try this please post our thoughts ... thanks :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :jump:

Dumping the Turbo Cat for a nice reliable sled
I would be interested to hear more about what went wrong with that Cat.

I rode one and noticed the track spins real easy in loose snow
I have a 12 XTX and never noticed that. Of course you have to remember it has 160HP, and I'm not sure what kind of track would be able to tame 160 ponies.

Stock Apex xtx Track
Track Type: Camoplast RipSaw
Lug Depth: 1.25 in
Track Length: 144 in
Track Width: 15 in
Ski Stance:42.8 in

Do a search with the user name Frostynutz. He installed 1in his 11 XTX.

Not sure of the 11-13's are the same, as the previous year Apex
s...but you may need to remove the tunnel protectors to get a 1.75" track in there. that being said, I took my Dad's Backcountry Renegade X for a tour in some unbroken trails this past weekend, and WOW that track hooks up!! I am either putting that one in, or a 1.5" next year.

UP Michigan rider said:
Dumping the Turbo Cat for a nice reliable sled
I would be interested to hear more about what went wrong with that Cat.

I rode one and noticed the track spins real easy in loose snow
I have a 12 XTX and never noticed that. Of course you have to remember it has 160HP, and I'm not sure what kind of track would be able to tame 160 ponies.

Stock Apex xtx Track
Track Type: Camoplast RipSaw
Lug Depth: 1.25 in
Track Length: 144 in
Track Width: 15 in
Ski Stance:42.8 in
Contact jtssrx or sj and ask why they dumped there cats this past week.

That track is the most used in Norway.in 2011 and 12 you could chose if you wanted 32 or 44 mm on some models.the protectors must go.

Gears , clutch , drivers. All be well worth it.
Traded in my stretched apex for a turbo kitty. Been in the shop since feb 4 with a grenaded belt. I miss my apex but it was dated.

painter said:
Dumping the Turbo Cat for a nice reliable sled..........Getting a 13 Apex XTX. I rode one and noticed the track spins real easy in loose snow. I also rode a 13 Nytro 1.75, that hooked real good. I am thinking about installing the 1.75 on my new apex.....what you guys think????? Oh and I would also be putting the Duponts on with new track.
Thanks,
Ray

Dumped your Turbo Kat ??????

A 13 Apex XTX is a SWEET CHOICE
:sled1:

Still trying to dump............The AC that is.

I need the dough so I can get my 13 XTX, especially after seeing the supposed new chassis yamaha

Back