• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" Extension Questions to the Experts

MNUser

Expert
OK. I'm close to placing my order. I have some help lined up and without the snow to ride, this is the time to do it. So, here is what I'm going to go with.

1. OFT 136" Extension Kit with Tunnel Extender

2. What track??? I'm thinking I would order from TracksUSA
- Cobra 1.5 or the Camoplast 1.5

3. When I order do I have to specify the pitch for the drivers to match up?

4. Do I have to change the chaincase gearing to compensate for the longer track?

Anything else I need to consider? Do not want to make any mistakes and since i have it apart, I want to do it right.

Thanks guys!

MNUser said:
OK. I'm close to placing my order. I have some help lined up and without the snow to ride, this is the time to do it. So, here is what I'm going to go with.

1. OFT 136" Extension Kit with Tunnel Extender

2. What track??? I'm thinking I would order from TracksUSA
- Cobra 1.5 or the Camoplast 1.5

3. When I order do I have to specify the pitch for the drivers to match up?

4. Do I have to change the chaincase gearing to compensate for the longer track?

Anything else I need to consider? Do not want to make any mistakes and since i have it apart, I want to do it right.

Thanks guys!

1. Nice choice!
2. Either will work, I would do the instense.
3. No
4. You don't have to. But dropping one or two teeth on top will help off trail and it's cheap to do.

Thanks

Who would I order the gear from? Yamaha? Is there a better choice quality wise? Do I have to mention anything specifically to get the right gear?

I just looked up the Intense and that is the one I will go with if you think that is the best option. I'm open to ideas to what others have done.

Does the track clipping make a difference? Do I need to let them know either way or will I just have to let them know it is a 08 Yamaha Nytro?

Have you done this to your sled? Is yours a 136?

Thanks for the help.

i went with the cobra,in my opinion better soft snow performance than a ripsaw, and on the trail you can slide the rear end around easier,don't know much about the intense track,i did a little clutch work and kept the gears the same,also if you are doing a track swap, extroverts are almost a must.

X2 on getting extroverts, especially when you have it all apart. Can get gearing and clutching from ulmer racing. Go full clip, have to if going extroverts. 2.52 pitch is what your looking for. Might want to think about suspension changes too, might have to stiffen it up a bit. Intense sounds like the best choice to me, hear its tough and hooks up great. Also would think about adding a extra wheel at the extension point and go with a big wheel kit (excell x wheels). Good luck and post up pictures when done with it.

Holy smokes. The more responses I get the more confused I get. Now I do not know what to do. Decisions like this are tough enough and I know Im not alone on that.

I see on the TracksUSA website the Cobra comes in. 1.375. I guess this is the size I would get.

What are extroverts? Are they a must have? I can see where the extra wheels are a must for the hyfax wear.

I was ready to order today but now I have to wait until I can digest all this. The money is hard earned and I do not want to waste it and besides that, it took me a long to convince the wife I needed this as see looks outside at the brown grass.....

To sum it up:

OFT extension kit
Track from TracksUSA

Get the extroverts (drivers that drive the track through the track windows instead of the drive nubs). You can run your track looser which to reduce hifax wear without having the track ratchet.

You have to pull the drive axel to swap the track so you might as well do it while you have it all apart.

MNUser said:
Holy smokes. The more responses I get the more confused I get. Now I do not know what to do. Decisions like this are tough enough and I know Im not alone on that.

I see on the TracksUSA website the Cobra comes in. 1.375. I guess this is the size I would get.

What are extroverts? Are they a must have? I can see where the extra wheels are a must for the hyfax wear.

I was ready to order today but now I have to wait until I can digest all this. The money is hard earned and I do not want to waste it and besides that, it took me a long to convince the wife I needed this as see looks outside at the brown grass.....

To sum it up:

OFT extension kit
Track from TracksUSA
\

Here are whal bros extro drivers, In my opinion yes they are unless you like ratcheting a lot. Mine did stock last year with no studs in a 121. I got studs and put them in, problem solved. As far as the cobra track, I have heard a lot of mixed reviews. The cons being not very durable, there is a arctic cat track that is the same 1.375 length that members run and say it it hooks great and is much more durable. E bay or cat country is were I have found them. Might want to look at that one. I know lots of different routes to go. Not trying to confuse you just tying to give you the best options out there from what I have heard and got from my research. Have you looked at hartman? I remember reading that one of the tunnel extensions fits much better then the other(trackusa vs. hartman).

Attachments

• Sled Pictures.jpg
    Sled Pictures.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 70
Re: Thanks

MNUser said:
Who would I order the gear from? Yamaha? Is there a better choice quality wise? Do I have to mention anything specifically to get the right gear?

I just looked up the Intense and that is the one I will go with if you think that is the best option. I'm open to ideas to what others have done.

Does the track clipping make a difference? Do I need to let them know either way or will I just have to let them know it is a 08 Yamaha Nytro?

Have you done this to your sled? Is yours a 136?

Thanks for the help.

I got my gear from Ulmer racing however you could get it from Yamaha or an aftermarket company just make sure it is for a Nytro.

My preference would be for a fully clipped intense and I agree that extros are pretty much a must if you do off trail riding with a larger lug track on the Nytro.

Yes I have done this to my sled it is a 136" with an OFT extension 136x1.75 track, Whal extro drivers and geared 19/39. If you click on the link in my signature it will take you to my build with pics of what I did.

MNUser said:

To sum it up:

OFT extension kit
Track from TracksUSA
ya i was going to do some more stuff to my sled....but the old lady just about has a cow if i even bring it up,as we worked outside today in the mid 40's,oh well.the cobra seems to be a softer track,longevity is a concern of mine,it may not carry studs very well.i found that i needed extra wheels when i stretched mine, especially at the bend for the tipup

If this can help you, I just install that same kit this year.

- So far, I am very impress with the Intense, mine is fully clipped. The grip is so much betters then the Ripsaw. I can fell a good difference in acceleration and stopping power. I don’t think that you will be disappointed with that track.
- I did install the whal extro to run les tension on my track.
- And I would highly recommend that you should install a bigger set of wheels.

Thanks for all the info. I have the whole order typed up and ready to go.

--------

OFT 136 Extension Kit
Ulmer Racing for Extroverts
Intense Track from TracksUSA - 136x15x1.5 or 1.375 - Fully Clipped
144" Hyfax from Brothers Motors
Ulmer Racing Gearing 19/39
8" Billet Wheels

---------

Now I'm just going to wait and see about doing it next summer. I've pretty much given up on this Winter. We are heading to the middle of January and ZERO pattern change for us. It would have to snow like a madman to make up for the lack of winter so far. Not felling to optimistic right now.

MNUser said:
Thanks for all the info. I have the whole order typed up and ready to go.

--------

OFT 136 Extension Kit
Ulmer Racing for Extroverts
Intense Track from TracksUSA - 136x15x1.5 or 1.375 - Fully Clipped
144" Hyfax from Brothers Motors
Ulmer Racing Gearing 19/39
8" Billet Wheels

---------

Now I'm just going to wait and see about doing it next summer. I've pretty much given up on this Winter. We are heading to the middle of January and ZERO pattern change for us. It would have to snow like a madman to make up for the lack of winter so far. Not felling to optimistic right now.

sounds like a killer set-up ;)!

u wont be dissapointed. I just did the same thing. i didnt do extros yet cuz i ran out of cash. Were finally gettn some snow here tommorow so i can test it out and get everything adjusted. Whenever i rode my sled before i just felt it was to short and needed a little bit extra out the back. i also did undertunnel exhaust so i could have some storage space.... Heres my build- http://ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=102664

Back